BOTTINEAU, N.D. – Anthony Pickering scored six goals in one game, helping the Concordia Wisconsin ACHA Division II Men's Hockey team to a weekend split at Dakota College at Bottineau. Pickering totaled nine points on the weekend as the Falcons won 9-5 Saturday after being edged, 4-3, Friday.
- Final Scores: Dakota College 4, CUW 3; CUW 9, Dakota College 5
- Location: Bottineau, North Dakota
- Records: CUW 2-6; Dakota College 2-5
CUW 9, DAKOTA COLLEGE 5
- Pickering (Sylvan Lake, Alberta) was on fire Saturday, recording a hat trick in the opening period to put the Falcons up 3-2. Cole Anderson and Dillon Schwartzenberger each picked up two assists in the opening period.
- After Dakota College tied the game early in the second stanza, Anderson gave the Falcons the lead back with his fourth goal of the weekend (hat trick Friday). Pickering, who assisted on Anderson's score, added his fourth goal of the game in the second period to give the Falcons a two-goal lead. Schwartzenberger picked up his third assist on Pickering's fourth goal.
- Dakota College tied the game up at 5-5 with two goals in the first 2:31 of the third period, but CUW responded with four unanswered for the 9-5 win. Pickering tallied the game-winner 3:07 into the period, while Benny Serres (Merton, Wis.) added a goal three minutes later.
- Skylar Petrik (Sidney, Mont.) scored to make the score 8-5, while Pickering finished off his big game with his sixth goal with 12 seconds remaining. Schwartzenberger (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan) tallied his fourth assist on the final goal.
- Robert Houle (Sun Prairie, Wis.) got the win with a 29-save effort for the Falcons.
DAKOTA COLLEGE 4, CUW 3
- Friday night saw the Falcons attempt a late comeback, but fall just short in a 4-3 setback. Anderson (Glen Ellyn, Ill.) had a big night for CUW, recording a hat trick in scoring the game's final three goals.
- CUW fell behind 4-0 late in the second period, but Anderson cut the deficit to 4-1 with just 15 seconds left in the second on a goal assisted by Pickering. Anderson would score two goals less than a minute apart from one another late in the third period, the last with 4:18 left, but the Falcons couldn't find the equalizer in the final four minutes, falling by a goal.
- Houle made 33 saves for the Falcons in Friday's setback. Jay Pringle stopped 22 shots for Dakota College.
- The Falcons are back in action this weekend at St. Mary's. The first game is set for Saturday at 7.
November 19, 2017 ACHA Hockey swept at St. Mary's
November 15, 2017 ACHA Hockey to join the NCHL in 2018-19
November 11, 2017 Pickering's monster game leads ACHA to split at Dakota College
November 4, 2017 ACHA Hockey swept at Illinois State
October 20, 2017 ACHA Hockey drops two at Bradley
October 7, 2017 ACHA Hockey drops second straight against MSOE Club
October 6, 2017 ACHA Hockey to host MSOE in home-opening series this weekend
October 6, 2017 ACHA Hockey falls in overtime against MSOE
September 30, 2017 ACHA Hockey scores three times in final 12 minutes for program's first win
September 29, 2017 ACHA Men's Hockey falls in opener at Illinois
September 22, 2017 ACHA locker room updates
September 18, 2017 ACHA team hosts junior program in exhibition games
February 27, 2017 Concordia Wisconsin adds ACHA Division II Men's Hockey