MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin continues to improve in certain areas on the mat, but Hawai'i Pacific ended the NCATA meet with a 271.255 – 230.960 victory inside the R. John Buuck Field House. The Falcons set new season-high point total in three events.
Final Score: Hawai'i Pacific 271.255, Concordia Wisconsin 230.960
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Hawai'i Pacific 5-1, Concordia Wisconsin 3-1
QUOTING HEAD COACH SARAH KOENIG
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin continues to improve this season as each meet goes by, evident by setting three season-high point totals in the Compulsory, Pyramid and Tumbling Events on Thursday night.
- The Falcons tallied 33.35 points, including a 9.10 (Pyramid Heat) and 9.40 (Toss Heat) totals in the Compulsory Event for their best performance thus far in the season. The Sharks scored 38.05 points to take an early lead.
- Hawai'i Pacific pulled away more in the Acro Event with a 27.95 to 23.90 advantage.
- Concordia Wisconsin regrouped and accumulated a season-high 27.60 points in the Pyramid Event after scoring 9.50 (Heat 2 – Twist) and 9.20 (Heat 3 – Release). Hawai'i Pacific had 29.35 points to take a 95.35 to 84.85 intermission lead.
- The Falcons had 24.25 points compared to the Sharks 28.40 points (all heats above 9.35) in the Toss Event.
- Concordia Wisconsin recorded a season-best 43.90 points in the Tumbling Event, which featured an 8.975 (6 Element Pass) and 8.20 (Open Pass.). Hawai'i Pacific had a 54.025 in that portion of the meet.
- The Falcons added 77.96 points to their total during the Team Event, while the Shark scored 93.48 points.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Concordia Wisconsin entered the meet with seven heats of 9.0 or higher this season in two events and added four 9.0 heat scores to its total.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin travels to Azusa Pacific for a 6:30 pm PST meet on Wednesday. It will be the first time the two program compete against each other.