MEQUON, Wis. – Michael Szeszol scored on a game-winning wild pitch as the Concordia University Wisconsin Baseball team slipped by Carroll University, 2-1, in non-conference action Wednesday at Kapco Park. The win gets the Falcons back to .500 this season.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 2, Carroll 1
- Location: Kapco Park – Mequon, Wis.
- Records: CUW 10-10, Carroll, 10-9
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Szeszol (Lake Bluff, Ill.) was pinch-running for junior Isaac Tewes (Chaska, Minn.), who hit a one-out double to spark the Falcons in the ninth. A single form sophomore Kyle Hilliard (Oak Forest, Ill.) advanced Szeszol to third and an intentional walk loaded the bases. From there, the wild pitch allowed Szeszol to score for the 2-1 win.
- The rest of the game was about pitching as three Falcons pitchers limited Carroll to four hits and a run. Sophomore Mike Magdziarz (Frankfort, Ill.) picked up his second win in as many games for the Falcons, throwing a scoreless top of the ninth. Sophomore Joey Schuman (New Lenox, Ill.) threw five strong innings, allowing two hits and striking out a pair.
- The starter for the Falcons was freshman Seth Hougesen (Indianapolis, Ind.). He gave up one run in the first, but settled in and struck out four in three innings of work.
- Tewes finished the game with two hits and had the only extra-base hit for the Falcons, the double in the ninth. Dylan Grove paced Carroll with two hits, including an RBI double in the first.
- CUW will visit Concordia Chicago in a rematch of last year's NACC Tournament Championship game next. The NACC doubleheader will be Saturday and start at noon.