MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Baseball team has been playing its best baseball as of late, winners of eight of its last nine. The Falcons will look to continue their recent run on Saturday, hosting Lakeland in a NACC doubleheader.
- Who: Concordia Wisconsin (16-8, 7-3 NACC) vs. Lakeland (10-16, 2-8 NACC)
- When: Saturday, April 22, 2017 – 12 p.m. (DH)
- Where: Kapco Park
FREDDY'S SPRING TAILGATE
- CUW will be the place to be Saturday as four teams are playing at home. Freddy wants to celebrate the occasion with a spring tailgate, beginning at 1 p.m. The first 100 fans to the tailgate (near the Baseball and Lacrosse Fields) will receive free food and a t-shirt.
- Every home baseball game will feature live stats and video. Live links can be found on the Baseball schedule at CUWFalcons.com.
DIGITAL GAME PROGRAM
- A digital game program can be found here. Limited printed programs (one-page front-and-back) will be available at the park for $2. In addition, fans can download the digital game program at cuwfalcons.com/programs.
1) One reason for the recent run of success for the Falcons has been the performance of the lineup. CUW has scored 10 or more runs in five of the last six. In addition, the Falcons have totaled 10 or more hits in eight straight games.
2) The pitching often goes overlooked when your team is producing offensively the way the Falcons are. CUW has been solid on the mound as well, allowing five or fewer runs in 17 of its last 18 games.
3) Bryan Thomas has been one of the top run producers in the NACC. Thomas is tied for the conference lead with 33 RBIs. He also ranks fifth in the league with a .422 batting average.
4) Matt Schubert has been a do-it-all type player for the Falcons this season. Schubert is second in the conference with a 2.37 ERA, posting a 3-1 record in four starts on the mound. In addition, the senior shortstop leads the team with 32 runs scored and has posted a .364 batting average with three home runs and 23 RBIs.