HOLLAND, Mich. – Mike Miklusicak and Brandan Campbell helped Hope rush for 436 yards en route to a 31-6 victory on Saturday afternoon, ending Concordia Wisconsin's season with a 3-7 record.
Final Score: Hope 31, Concordia Wisconsin 6
Location: Smith Stadium (Holland, Mich.)
Records: Hope 7-3, Concordia Wisconsin 3-7
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Flying Dutchmen ran wild against the Falcons on Saturday, piling on 436 rushing yards. Mike Miklusicak and Bradan Campbell rushed for 259 and 167 yards, respectively, and each scored a pair of touchdowns.
- Hope scored an 11-yard and 38-yard rushing touchdown to build a 14-0 lead with just over a minute elapsed in the second quarter. Senior Kevin Folker (Milwaukee, Wis.) hauled in Concordia Wisconsin's only touchdown of the game on a 7-yard pass from junior Aaron Nixon (North Prairie, Wis.) on the ensuing possession.
- The Flying Dutchmen booted a 45-yard field goal midway through the third quarter and added two more rushing touchdowns (9 and 42 yards) in the final 11 minutes of play.
- The Falcons went to the aerial attack and accumulated 346 yards on 37-of-57 passing, but did throw two interceptions. They struggled on the ground mightily, rushing 22 times for -13 yards.
- Senior Danté Edwards (Glendale, Ariz.) hauled in a game-best 12 passes for 110 yards, while Folker had 10 receptions for 94 yards and a score. Freshman Isaiah Tenette (Sacramento, Calif.) had 59 receiving yards on four catches.
- Sophomore Jacob Mason (Hartford, Wis.) punted nine times for 373 yards (41.4 average), including a long of 66, and pinned Hope inside its 20-yard line three times.
- Junior Richie Guess (Homer Glen, Ill.) had a stellar game with a career-high 17 tackles (12 solo), while senior James Thomsen (Mount Prospect, Ill.) had seven tackles (four solo).
- Senior Kevin Kern recovered a fumble and broke up a pass, while senior De'Shawn Pullen (Milwaukee, Wis.) recorded a sack.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Concordia Wisconsin struggled to continue drives down the field, going 4-of-17 on third-down conversions. They were, however, 2-of-2 on fourth-down conversions.
- Edwards career-high 12 passes caught is the second most by a Falcon in the NACC era.
- Guess' 17 tackles were one shy of the most by a Falcon in the NACC era.
- Darren Ford drilled a 45-yard field goal but missed from 53 and 37 during the game.
- Mason Rosado had seven solo tackles, an interception and two pass breakups.
- Kyle Krumm intercepted a pass, while Adam Walma forced a fumble and Ian Gorgenson recovered a fumble.