ALBION, Mich. – Albion overpowered Concordia Wisconsin on Saturday afternoon with a 79-7 non-conference decision during the annual MIAA-NACC Challenge Series at Sprankle-Sprandel Stadium.
Final Score: Albion 79, Concordia Wisconsin 7
Location: Sprankle-Sprandle Stadium (Albion, Mich.)
Records: Albion 1-2, Concordia Wisconsin 1-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Albion scored on its first six possessions to blow the game wide open and hold a 45-0 lead at halftime. The hosts continued to dominate, adding 34 more points in the second half and holding Concordia Wisconsin to just one score in the non-conference matchup.
- Sophomore Jordan Edwards (Mount Prospect, Ill.) paced the Falcons with 45 yards on the ground, while freshman Dalton Poole (Kewaskum, Wis.) started at quarterback and threw for 168 yards.
- Junior Jake Buscher (Mundelein, Ill.) had a team-high 43 receiving yards.
- Junior Jacob Mason (Slinger, Wis.) punted seven times for a 40.3 yard average and had two inside the 20-yard line.
- Freshman Dwayne Rackard III (Orlando, Fla.) had a game-high 11 tackles (seven solo), while freshman Dawson Zielger (Franklin, Wis.) had six tackles and an interception.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Britons compiled 746 total offensive yards on 78 plays (9.6 average) and limited the Falcons to 248 total offensive yards.
- Albion had seven players rush for double-digit yards on the ground and six of those rushers scored. Patrick Czarnec scored twice carrying the ball.
- Kyle Thomas threw for 344 yards and two touchdowns on 20-of-26 passing, including an interception.
- Sean Koski led the receiving game with 105 yards on six catches.
- Trey Edwards led the Britons with eight tackles (seven solo), while Malik Bozel recovered a fumble. Michael Harvey and Hayden Bakker each picked off a pass. The defense combined for four sacks.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons will have their bye week on September 23 before hosting Lakeland in the annual Cheese Bowl on September 30 at 1 pm, which is also a NACC contest.