MILWAUKEE, Wis. – Concordia University Wisconsin played a solid first 20 minutes of the game leading by six at halftime while shooting a hot 53.6 percent (15-of-28) from the floor but a back-and-forth second half and go ahead basket by MSOE with four seconds left sealed the win for the Raiders.
Final Score: MSOE 65, Concordia Wisconsin 64
Location: Kern Center (Milwaukee, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 6-6, 4-4 NACC, MSOE 7-4, 6-2 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- CUW and MSOE traded baskets and the lead for the first 10 minutes of the first half before MSOE pulled ahead by eight with just over seven minutes remaining in the half.
- The Falcons would not go away quietly as they locked in on defense and outscored the Raiders 18-5 to take a 38-33 halftime lead.
- Junior guard Eric Kittel (Brillion, Wis.) led the CUW with 12 first half points.
- CUW would maintain that lead for the first five minutes of the second half before MSOE put together a run of their own tie the game at 47 with 12 minutes remaining.
- From that point on the lead would change hands multiple times and no team would lead by more than three points.
- With just over a minute remaining in the game and the Falcons trailing by one, senior guard Brad Prinsen (Oostburg, Wis.) would hit the go ahead jumper to give CUW a 64-63.
- MSOE would try to respond with a quick shot but came up short handed and the ball fell back into the Falcons possession.
- CUW would milk the clock down but a defensive stop by the Raiders gave MSOE possession of the ball with a final chance to win the game.
- With time winding down MSOE's Austin Stueck would hit the game winning layup with four seconds remaining.
- The Falcons would put up a potential game winning shot but the attempt came up short.
- Prinsen led CUW with 19 points while shooting 70 percent (7-of-10) from the floor.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Despite the loss the Falcons held MSOE to only 65 points which is the second fewest points allowed by CUW this season.
- The 19 points by Prinsen, is a season-high for the senior guard.
- Kittel finished the game with 16 points which moved him into tenth place on CUW's all-time scoring list in the NCAA era.
- MSOE was led Austin Stueck who scored a game-high 21 points and pulled in seven rebounds.
- Connor Patterson also chipped in with 14 points for the Raiders.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons continue conference play and return home next week as they take on Edgewood on Tuesday Jan. 12 inside the R. John Buuck Fieldhouse. Tip-off is set for 7 pm.