LISLE, Ill. – No. 12 Benedictine, the defending national runner-up and NACC champions, used a 15-6 scoring run over the final 4:41 to earn an 81-64 NACC victory over Concordia Wisconsin on Saturday afternoon.
Final Score: No. 12 Benedictine 81, Concordia Wisconsin 64
Location: Rice Center (Lisle, Ill.)
Records: Benedictine 8-3, 6-0 NACC; Concordia Wisconsin 5-5, 4-3 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin made a layup with 4:41 to pull within eight points, 66-58, with just under five minutes left on the game clock. However, the Eagles showed why they are atop the league standings down the stretch with a 15-6 scoring run to stay undefeated in league play.
- As Benedictine slowly pulled away, Concordia Wisconsin was 2-of-4 at the charity stripe, missed four field goal attempts and turned the ball over twice before the game ended.
- The Eagles shot 52.5 percent (32-of-61), while the Falcons were at 44.1 percent (26-of-59) in the game. One of the differences was rebounding, with Benedictine holding a 41-27 advantage to go along with a 19-8 edge in points off turnovers.
- Sophomore Jake Jurss (Sheboygan, Wis.) led the Falcons with 16 points, to go along with five rebounds. Senior Eric Kittel (Brillion, Wis.) added 13 points, six rebounds, four assists and two steals.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons made (three) and attempted (eight) their fewest free throws of the season.
- It was the third-consecutive game the Eagles were ranked 12th or higher in the D3Hoops.com poll when playing the Falcons.
- Michael Blaszcyk led all players with 23 points on 8-of-13 shooting, including four 3-pointers, to go along with 10 rebounds and three assists.
- Brayden Olson tallied 17 points off the bench and Tahron Harvey scored 12 points, grabbed five rebounds, dished out 11 assists and blocked two shots.
- Adam Reynolds also had 13 points, 12 rebounds, four assists and two blocks.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin returns home for the first time in over four weeks with a Wednesday 7 pm NACC game against MSOE.