MADISON, Wis. – Josh Erickson and Josh Hau each had career games and combined to score half of Concordia Wisconsin's points during an 84-66 road victory over Edgewood on Tuesday night. The Falcons ended the first half on an 11-1 scoring run to gain all the momentum and snap a five-game losing streak.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 84, Edgewood 66
Location: Todd Wehr Edgedome (Madison, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 6-6, 5-4 NACC; Edgewood 3-10, 3-5 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Josh Erickson and Josh Hau found their touch in the NACC contest, scoring in a variety of ways. They each drained a pair of long balls and became a dynamic duo that Edgewood couldn't stop in either half.
- Hau scored four-straight points, Jared Gosse added a layup and Eric Kittel tallied five points during the last three minutes, as the Falcons pulled away from the Eagles with a double-digit lead. During the first half, Concordia Wisconsin couldn't gain an advantage of more than two field goals until the scoring run.
- Most of the damage in the opening 20 minutes of play was done in the paint, as 24 of the Falcons 45 points were scored in the painted area. Josh Erickson had 15 points and Hau scored 11 to lead the charge.
- During the second period, the lead peaked at 21 points on two different occasions, as Edgewood never threatened with a comeback charge. Concordia Wisconsin scored nearly half of their points (40) in the painted area during the NACC contest.
- Erickson (junior, Manitowoc, Wis.) scored a career-high 22 points (nine field goals were the most made in his career), grabbed four rebounds and dished out three assists. Hau (sophomore, Slinger, Wis.) recorded a career-best 20 points, to go along with a career-highs eight rebounds (eight).
- Kittel (senior, Brillion, Wis.) accumulated 12 points, four rebounds, five assists and two steals.
- Sophomore Andrew Fratzke (Winona, Min.) ended with nine points, 10 rebounds and two blocks.
- Freshman Julien Addison (Milwaukee, Wis.) and senior Montrell Hobbs (Milwaukee, Wis.) combined for 11 points off the bench. Gosse (junior, Green Bay, Wis.) pulled down five rebounds as a reserve.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons limited the Eagles to 34.4 percent (22-of-64) for the game and outrebounded the hosts 46-37. Edgewood's 25.9 percent (7-of-27) from downtown was the lowest percentage shot against Concordia Wisconsin this season.
- Each team maintained possession of the basketball and committed just seven turnovers.
- Emil Radisevic led the Eagles with 14 points and 10 rebounds.
- Spencer Barnes, Tyler Lemke and Arik Anderson each had 10 points, respectively. Lemke also pulled down nine rebounds and dished out four assists.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons host Wisconsin Lutheran on Thursday night at 7 pm inside the R. John Buuck Field House.