FOND DU LAC, Wis. – Eric Kittel poured in a career-high-tying 30 points and Concordia Wisconsin scored 17-straight points in the early minutes to pull away for an 82-65 victory at Marian on Tuesday night inside Sadoff Gymnasium. Kittel also drained five 3-pointers to set the program's career record for long balls made.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 82, Marian 65
Location: Sadoff Gymnasium (Fond du Lac, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 12-7, 10-4 NACC; Marian 6-13, 5-9 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons put the pedal to the metal with 17-consecutive points after the Sabres drained a 3-pointer on the opening possession of the game to take a 17-3 lead just over five minutes into the game. Marian couldn't recover and Concordia Wisconsin's lead swelled to 21 points before owning a 42-26 lead at the intermission.
- Concordia Wisconsin got to the rim with ease and scored a season-high 50 points in the paint and ended the victory shooting 54 percent. They also had a 43-33 advantage in rounding and scored 26 points off 16 Marian turnovers.
- Eric Kittel has been consistent throughout his career and tonight was no different, as the senior guard tallied a career-high-tying 30 points after netting 14 in the opening half and 16 more over the final period. The Brillion, Wis., native was 11-of-14 from the field, pulled down eight rebounds, dished out three assists and stole a season-best six passes.
- Sophomore Andrew Fratzke (Winona, Minn.) and junior Josh Erickson (Manitowoc, Wis.) each had 12 points, while Fratzke recorded eight rebounds and four blocks.
- Sophomore Josh Hau (Slinger, Wis.) added seven points and seven rebounds, and freshman Dane Fronek (Wausau, Wis.) accumulated seven points, three rebounds and two assists in 14 minutes of work off the bench.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Kittel drained five 3-pointers to move into sole possession all-time for the most 3-pointers made during a career in program history with 233. He also moved into third place all-time for assists (349) and set the record the most field goals made (475) in program history during the NCAA era.
- Kittel's six steals is tied for the 10th most in a game in program history.
- The Falcons didn't control the ball well, losing the turnover battle 22-16.
- Tyrese Pinson was the only Sabre in double-figures with 13 points, while Alex Manhardt had nine points and five rebounds.
- Ryan Biffert stole four passes and three players had five rebounds.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons travel to Dominican for a Thursday 7 pm NACC game.