RIVER FOREST, Ill. – It was a battle of attrition on Thursday night between Concordia Wisconsin and Dominican in a game that needed overtime. In the end, it was Andrew Fratzke who helped seal a 108-103 victory with seven-straight points in the final minute inside Igini Sports Forum.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 108, Dominican 103 (OT)
Location: Igini Sports Forum (River Forest, Ill.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 13-7, 11-4 NACC; Dominican 10-10, 7-8 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Tim Robertson drained a 30-foot triple as the horn sounded in regulation to cap a remarkable 26 seconds for the Stars, who made three 3-pointers during the span to push the game into an extra period.
- Concordia Wisconsin had a response of its own to being overtime with long balls by Josh Hau and Noah Gosse to quickly take back control of the league matchup. The Falcons never trailed in the five minute period and Andrew Fratzke slammed the door shut on Dominican with seven-straight points in the final 56 seconds, including two free throws with three seconds left on the clock.
- Statistically speaking, the box score was even across the board when comparing both teams. However, the one difference was the Falcons 27-of-33 performance at the free throw line compared to the Stars 19-of-27 effort.
- Sophomore Josh Hau (Slinger, Wis.) led Concordia Wisconsin with 27 points on 8-of-14 shooting, including three 3-pointers and 8-of-9 at the charity stripe. Senior Eric Kittel (Brillion, Wis.) added 23 points – five 3-pointers – four rebounds and six assists.
- Fratzke (sophomore, Winona, Minn.) nearly had a double-double with 15 points and nine rebounds, to go along with three assists. Junior Josh Erickson (Manitowoc, Wis.) added 16 points and three assists.
- Senior Montrell Hobbs (Milwaukee, Wis.) was productive off the bench with nine points, four rebounds, four assists and two steals.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The overtime game was the first for the Falcons since a 98-93 loss at Concordia Chicago on January 8, 2014 (a span of 80 games).
- It was the second time this season Concordia Wisconsin scored over 100 points, both ended in victory. The 108 points are the seventh most scored in a game in program history.
- The Falcons made 11 3-pointers in the win and it was the eighth time they made double-figure shots from long range.
- Josh Mayberry led all players with 29 points, while also grabbing five rebounds, assisting on six field goals and stealing three passes.
- Tim Robertson ended with the game's only double-double (26 points, 10 rebounds).
- Ben Walker and Isaac Moore had 13 and 10 points, respectively, off the bench.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons return to the court on Wednesday for a 7 pm NACC contest at Wisconsin Lutheran.