PLYMOUTH, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin had a chance at a 3-pointer to tie the game and send it to overtime, but it was off the mark and Lakeland earned a 91-88 NACC victory on Saturday afternoon inside Woltzen Gymnasium.
Final Score: Lakeland 91, Concordia Wisconsin 88
Location: Woltzen Gymnasium (Plymouth, Wis.)
Records: Lakeland 3-1, 1-1 NACC; Concordia Wisconsin 1-3, 0-1 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons trailed by nine points with 3:32 to play in the game, but got within a point with 50 seconds on the clock. The quick 10-2 scoring spurt started with a Jake Jurss triple before a pair of teammates made layups and Isaiah Tenette converted an and-1 play.
- Lakeland's Eric Nygaard made two free throw attempts with 15 seconds to play and it was enough for the victory.
- Concordia Wisconsin began the game on a 14-7 scoring run to build its largest lead of the game, while Lakeland's biggest advantage was a nine-point margin with 3:32 to play. The Falcons bench performed well with 24 points and were led by freshman Jordan Johnson's (Cedarburg, Wis.) nine points, while sophomore Dane Fronek (Wausau, Wis.) had eight points.
- Junior Josh Hau (Slinger, Wis.) led all scorers with 24 points, to go along with seven rebounds. Junior Jake Jurss (Sheboygan, Wis.) added 23 points (six 3-pointers), to go along with seven rebounds. Junior Andrew Fratzke (Winona, Minn.) recorded 10 points and seven rebounds.
- Junior Noah Gosse (Green Bay, Wis.) hauled in eight rebounds and scored four points off the bench.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Concordia Wisconsin shot 46.2 percent (12-of-26) from downtown. They also won the rebounding battle 50-41.
- Jurss' six 3-pointers is three shy of tying the program's single-game record.
- Lakeland led for the majority of the game (26:01), while Concordia Wisconsin was in front for just 6:41 of the matchup. The hosts also committed just four turnovers.
- Pat McDonald led the Muskies with 21 points, while Carlos Campos added 18 points, eight rebounds and four assists.
- Shakur Jinad tallied 17 points, while Zach Hasenstein and Eric Nygaard ended with 13 and 11 points, respectively. Hasenstein also had eight rebounds, two assists, four blocks and two steals.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin hosts Aurora on Tuesday at 7 pm in a NACC game inside the R. John Buuck Field House.