FOND DU LAC, Wis. – Josh Hau scored a season-best 26 points but the Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Basketball team fell 90-72 in a NACC road matchup at Marian Wednesday night. The loss drops the Falcons to 1-3 in NACC play this season.
- Final Score: Marian 90, Concordia Wisconsin 72
- Location: Sadoff Gymnasium – Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
- Records: Marian 2-5, 2-1 NACC; Concordia Wisconsin 2-5, 1-3 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons scored first Wednesday, but the Sabres answered with a 3-point basket 14 seconds later and never relinquished the lead. The opening half was where Hau (Slinger, Wis.) did most of his damage, scoring 17 points on 6-of-7 shooting. Both teams shot the ball well in the opening 20 minutes, the Falcons at 53.3 percent and Marian at 51.2 percent.
- Marian took a 50-44 lead into the break, but it was the Falcons who started off the second half strong. CUW cut the Sabres advantage to 56-54 with a 12-4 run to start the half. Hau added six more points, including one 3-point basket, during the run.
- Marian responded and controlled the contest from that point on, leading by as many as 25 points at one point. The Sabres used a balanced attack to down the Falcons with four players finishing in double-figures and seven Sabres tallying at least seven points. Will Olewinski paced Marian with 15 points, while Tyrese Pinson chipped in 13. Olewinski did all his damage from the 3-point line, making 5-of-11 shots from deep.
- The 3-point line proved to be a difference in the game as the Falcons struggled from deep, connecting on just 4-of-19 attempts (21.1 percent). Marian buried 10 3-pointers in the game.
- Andrew Fratzke (Winona, Minn.) and Josh Erickson (Manitowoc, Wis.) each posted solid games for CUW, each player finishing with 10 points and six rebounds.
- Marcus Kadinger and Evan Hansen added double-digit scoring efforts for Marian, each player scoring 10 points.
- The Falcons will host Dominican in a NACC matchup Saturday afternoon at 2 p.m. The game will the first in a men's/women's doubleheader with the women's contest set to start at 4:15 p.m.
January 17, 2018 Tenette makes game-winning layup with 0.5 seconds to play
January 15, 2018 Courtside Notes: Falcons prepared to knock off MSOE
January 13, 2018 Men's Basketball goes on big run to secure NACC victory
January 12, 2018 Courtside Notes: Falcons battles Muskies in NACC matchup
January 11, 2018 Hau pours in 30, Falcons snap skid with win over Eagles
January 9, 2018 Men's Basketball falls short in NACC road matchup at Benedictine
January 3, 2018 Men’s Basketball can’t rally in NACC loss to Wisconsin Lutheran
January 2, 2018 Courtside Notes: Falcons host Wisconsin Lutheran in NACC contest
December 21, 2017 Oglethorpe runs past Men's Basketball with second half run
December 20, 2017 Falcons’ defense locks down Bates in second half
December 16, 2017 Men’s Basketball comes from behind again for victory
December 14, 2017 Strong second half gives Falcons road NACC win
December 9, 2017 Hau fuels Falcons past Dominican
December 6, 2017 Men's Basketball falls in NACC road action at Marian
December 2, 2017 Falcons fly past Eagles in convincing fashion
November 30, 2017 Courtside Notes: Falcons prepared to earn NACC victory
November 28, 2017 Men's Basketball can't contain Myers, Dunn in home loss
November 27, 2017 Courtside Notes: Battle of NACC's preseason's best
November 25, 2017 Men’s Basketball misses late 3-pointer, falls at Lakeland
November 21, 2017 Men’s Basketball on fire during home-opening win over Loras
November 18, 2017 Simpson downs Men's Basketball at Carroll Tip-Off Tournament
November 17, 2017 Men's Basketball falls to Carroll on last second three-pointer
November 15, 2017 Courtside Notes: Falcons vs. Duhawks in season opener
October 25, 2017 Men's Basketball picked to finish second in NACC Preseason Poll