ELMHURST, Ill. – Concordia University Wisconsin sent a pair of teams to the Elmhurst College Fall Invitational and both finished within a stroke of each other, while Evan Rabas and Jason Meyer each shot a 5-over par 77.
Course: Oak Brook Golf Course (par 72, 6,541 yards)
CUW Finish: Team A 9th/17, Team B t-10/17
Falcon Individual Results: Evan Rabas 77, Jason Meyer 77, Josh Denk 78, Jacob Tenlen 79, Chris Payne 80, Kyle Rebholz 81, Mike Loftus 83, Elijah Glasenapp 85, Nathan Hasenstien 88
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons sent 10 golfers to the tournament and four finished with sub-80 rounds.
- Junior Evan Rabas (Sherwood, Wis.) and senior Jason Meyer (Dunlap, Ill.) each led their respective CUW team with a 5-over-par 77.
- The Falcons 'A' team outdid the 'B' team by one stroke with a 318 team score. Host Elmhurst won the event with a 10-over-par team total of 298 to win by four strokes over Millikin.
- Michael Barber (Millikin) earned medalist honors after shooting a 2-under-par 70 to win by two strokes over Joe Wark (Carthage) who fired an E-par 72.
- Junior Josh Denk (Markesan, Wis.) and freshman Jacob Tenlen (Montreal, Wis.) were the other Falcons to shoot sub-80 rounds with a 78 and 79, respectively.
- CUW's 18-hole round gave them 54 holes played over the last four days.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Rabas' 77 was the 19th round of his career in the 70s. Last season he shot 10 rounds in the 70s, including seven consecutive. He also shot a 77 on Sunday at the Marian Invitational.
- Meyer's 77 was a career low. His previous career best was an 80 he shot at the Cress Creek Collegiate Invitational on September 23, 2013.
- Denk's 78 was also a career low round. His best round prior was an 82 shot at the Cress Creek Collegiate Invitational. He fired back-to-back 82s at the 36-hole event on September 23, 2013.
- Tenlen began his career with a 7-over-par 79.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons return to action on Sunday at the Wisconsin Lutheran College Fall Invitational at Washington Country Golf Course in Hartford, Wis.