OAK BROOK, Ill. – Concordia Wisconsin has golfed a lot over the month of September and Tuesday finished its third-straight day of competition with a 14th place finish at the Elmhurst Fall Invitational. The Falcons were led by Mike Loftus' tie for 36th at Oak Brook Golf Course.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin finished a grueling stretch of three-straight days of golf by finishing 14th at the Elmhurst Fall Invitational. The Falcons shot a team score of 341.
- Senior Mike Loftus (Germantown, Wis.) shot an 81 to place in a tie for 36th place, while junior Andrew Heideman (Bakersfield, Calif.) was a stroke behind with an 82 to tie for 42nd position.
- Senior Ryan Senkbeil (West Bend, Wis.) carded an 88 to tie for 70th and junior Dan White (Kaukauna, Wis.) tied for 77th after shooting a 90.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Carthage won the team trophy with a 306 score and edged Loras and Millikin by a stroke.
- Justin Mustari (Aurora) took home medalist honors with an E-par 72.
- Loftus sunk 12 par putts, including eight on the back nine. He had three-straight after making the turn before a double bogey was written on his card, which was followed by five pars to end his round.
- Heideman drained nine par putts and had three- and four-consecutive on the back nine.
- Senkbeil's 88 was his lowest round of the season and had five pars.
- White recorded six pars during his round.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will travel to Lake Geneva, Wis., for the two-day, 36-hole MSOE Fall Invitational at Grand Geneva Resort.