LAKE GENEVA, Wis. – For the second time this season, the Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Golf team has shot a round under 300 strokes. Also for the second time, the Falcons broke the program record, firing a team score of 298 Monday at the MSOE Fall Invitational. The Falcons finished third at the two-day event, recording a team score of 314 on Sunday. The two-round team score of 612 also set the team's best 36-hole score in program history.
- Course: Grand Geneva Resort: The Highlands (Sunday) – Par 72 (6,659 yards); The Brute (Monday) – Par 72 (6,554 Yards)
- Team Leaderboard: 3rd of 13; 612 strokes (314-298)
- Falcons Leaderboard: Bill Jones – 149 (77-72); Mike Loftus – 150 (76-74); Jake Lipski – 156 (81-75); Jacob Tenlen 158 (81-77); Sam Schlosser – 160 (80-80)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Each player shot 80 or better on Monday, led by Jones (New Holstein, Wis.) with an even par 72. The 72 was tied for the 10th best round on Monday, while his overall score of 149 placed him in a tie for 17th. Jones shot a 35 (-1) on the front nine, which included three birdies. He totaled six birdies and seven pars in his even par round.
- Loftus (Germantown, Wis.) played solid golf both days as well, posting rounds of 76 and 74 over the two days. He finished in a tie for 19th with his two day score of 150 (+7). On Monday Loftus recorded four birdies and 10 pars.
- Lipski (New Berlin, Wis.) posted a score of 75 on Monday, bring his two-day total to 156 shots. Lipski birdied three holes and shot an even par 36 on the front nine.
- Tenlen (Montreal, Wis.) posted a two-day total of 158, the better of those also coming Monday when he carded a 77. Tenlen birdied one hole, the par 5 seventh, while adding 11 pars.
- Schlosser (West Bend, Wis.) posted scores of 80 each day to round out the Falcons lineup. His Monday round included nine pars.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Jones tied a career-best round with his 72 on Monday, which was also tied for the fourth lowest round in program history. He fired a 72 during his freshman season at the Edgewood Fall Class (August 31).
- Loftus enjoys playing at the MSOE Invitational as he tied his career-best score of a 74. His other round of 74 was at the MSOE Invitational, happening nearly two years to the date on October 5, 2014.
- Lipski also tied a career-best on Monday by carding the 75. His other round of 75 was his first round of the season at the Edgewood Fall Classic.
- The Falcons team score of 298 was one better than the 299 they shot at Carthage earlier this season. CUW carded a 299 during the opening round of the Carthage Tim Kopka Memorial Tournament.
- CUW finished behind Carthage (562) and UW-Stout (588) for the third-place result. The Falcons topped each of the other five NACC school who competed over the two-day event.
- Matt Meneghetti of Carthage won meet medalist honors by carding a two-day total of 136. Meneghetti was on point Monday, shooting a 65 (-7).
- The Falcons are set for the first two rounds of the NACC Championship. CUW and the other NACC schools will tee it up at Whistling Straits (Irish Course) next Monday and Tuesday. The NACC Championship is a four round event with two rounds completed in the fall and two in the spring.