KOHLER, Wis. – Bill Jones paced the Falcons with an 80 on Monday and Concordia Wisconsin is in seventh place after the opening round of the NACC Championship at Whistling Straits (Irish Course).
Course: Whistling Straits (Irish Course – par 71, 6,750 yards)
Team Leaderboard: 7th of 9 (336)
Falcon Individuals: Bill Jones (80), Sam Schlosser (83), Mike Loftus (84), Jacob Tenlen (89), Jake Lipski (95)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin carded a 336 team score to put them in seventh place on the leaderboard.
- Senior Bill Jones (New Holstein, Wis.) led the Falcons with a 9-over-par 80 and sits in 11th place as an individual. He had a birdie on the par-4, 436-yard 16th hole, while also making nine par putts, including four in a row on the outward nine.
- Freshman Sam Schlosser (West Bend, Wis.) shot an 83 and is tied for 20th, while senior Mike Loftus (Germantown, Wis.) had an 84 to tie for 24th. Schlosser sank a birdie and six pars, while Loftus had a birdie and seven par putts.
- Sophomore Jacob Tenlen (Montreal, Wis.) finds himself in 36th with an 89 and sophomore Jake Lipski (New Berlin, Wis.) is tied for 43rd with a 95. Tenlen drained a birdie and two pars, and Lipski had four pars.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Aurora leads the championship with a 319 team score, while Marian is in second with a 322 total.
- Garrett Ralston (Wisconsin Lutheran) leads all individuals with a 5-over-par 76 and is ahead of three golfers by a stroke.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons compete in the second round on Tuesday, while the third and fourth rounds of the NACC Championship will be completed in April.