KOHLER, Wis. – Bill Jones had his swing in prime for on Tuesday afternoon with six birdies during a 1-over-par round of 72 to move into a tie for first place, while Concordia Wisconsin shot the best score of the second round (307) to move into a tie for third place at the NACC Championship.
Course: Whistling Straits (Irish Course – par 71, 6,750 yards)
Team Leaderboard: t3rd of 9 (336-307 – 643)
Falcon Individuals: Bill Jones (80-72 – 152), Sam Schlosser (83-76 – 159), Mike Loftus (84-81 – 165), Jacob Tenlen (89-78 – 167), Kyle Rebholz (dnc-84), Jake Lipski (95-dnc)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Jones (senior, New Holstein, Wis.) tied his career-low round with his 1-over-par 72 at Whistling Straits (Irish Course). He moved from 11th into a tie for the top spot after sinking six birdies and six pars during the second round. At one point through the first six holes, he was 4-under-par. Jones round consisted of a 32 on the outward nine and a 40 coming into the clubhouse.
- Concordia Wisconsin had the best round of the tournament thus far with a 307, which moved them from seventh into a tie for third place. The Falcons had three rounds in the 70s, which is the most any team in a single round.
- Freshman Sam Schlosser (West Bend, Wis.) improved seven shots and carded a 5-over-par 76 to jump into a tie for 10th place on the leaderboard. He had three birdies and nine par putts. Schlosser has a two-round total of 159 (83-76).
- Senior Mike Loftus (Germantown, Wis.) finds himself in a tie for 23rd and improved three strokes from the opening round. He had one birdie and 11 pars and made nine pars during a 10-hole stretch from 3-12.
- Sophomore Jacob Tenlen (Montreal, Wis.) elevated his game the most on Tuesday and shot a 78, which was 11 strokes better than his 89 in round one. His enhancement on the scoreboard was due to a birdie and 11 pars. Tenlen is in 28th position on the leaderboard.
- Junior Kyle Rebholz (West Bend, Wis.) was subbed into the lineup and carded an 84. He drained one birdie and 11 pars and was 1-under-par through the first seven holes on the first nine.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Marian moved into first place on the leaderboard with a second round 317 score and has a 639 (322-317) two-round total. The Sabres are a stroke ahead of Aurora.
- Garrett Ralston (Wisconsin Lutheran) is tied with Jones for first as an individual after shooting back-to-back 76s.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons are awaiting the announcement of events for the spring portion of their schedule