MARION, Iowa – Andrew Otto had a career round on Monday shooting a program record 3-under 69 and finished in seventh place overall, while Concordia Wisconsin tied for ninth at the 36-hole Eagle Spring Classic hosted by Kirkwood Community College.
Course: Hunters Ridge Golf Course (par 72, 6,558 yards)
Team Leaderboard: t9th of 11 (337-332 = 669)
Falcon Individuals: Andrew Otto (78-69 = 147), Kyle Rebholz (83-87 = 170), Jacob Sheehan (89-86 = 175), Nathan Hasenstein (87-90 = 177), Ryan Senkbeil (97-92 = 189)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Andrew Otto had an outstanding front nine on Monday with four birdies for outward 32 before shooting a 37 on the back nine and signing for a program record 3-under par 69. It was the first round shot in the 60s by a Falcon in the record book (2006-present).
- Otto (freshman, Kewaskum, Wis.) also had a 78 during Sunday's opening round and vaulted 19 spots up the leaderboard to place seventh overall.
- Concordia Wisconsin fired a 337 on Sunday and a 332 on Monday for a 669 total to tie for ninth overall.
- Junior Kyle Rebholz (West Bend, Wis.) shot a 170 total (83-87) to place 49th, while sophomore Jacob Sheehan (Elburn, Ill.) was 52nd with a 175 total (89-86). Junior Nathan Hasenstein (Sheboygan, Wis.) carded a 177 total (87-90) to tie for 55th and senior Ryan Senkbeil (West Bend, Wis.) had a 189 total (97-92) to finish 62nd overall.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Indian Hills Community College won the team trophy with a 7-under par 571 total (290-281).
- Jackson Bugdalski won medalist honors with a 5-under par 139 total (71-68).
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin returns to the links on Friday and Saturday for the two-day, 36-hole St. Francis Spring Invitational in Kendalville, Indiana at Cobblestone Golf Coruse.