KENDALLVILLE, Ind. – Concordia Wisconsin competed at the two-day, 36-hole St. Francis Spring Invitational at Autumn Ridge Golf Club and Cherry Hill Golf Club on Friday and Saturday.
Course: Autumn Ridge Golf Club (par 72, 6,904 yards), Cherry Hill Golf Club (par 72, 6,825 yards)
Team Leaderboard: Concordia Wisconsin 10th of 10 (335-323 – 658)
Falcon Individuals: Bill Jones (82-79 – 161), Sam Schlosser (82-81 – 163), Jake Tenlen (84-79 – 163), Jake Lipski (87-84 – 171), Kyle Rebholz (89-87 – 176), Bailey Van Handel (97-85 – 182), Jonathan Pfeilstifter (97-93 – 190)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin carded a 658 team total after shooting a 335 on Friday and a 323 on Saturday.
- Senior Bill Jones (New Holstein, Wis.) led the Falcons lineup with a 161 total (82-79) to tie for 35th place. Freshman Sam Schlosser (West Bend, Wis.) and sophomore Jake Tenlen (Montreal, Wis.) each had a 163 two-day total, respectively, to finish in a tie for 39th. Tenlen improved five strokes from the opening round to the second set of 18 holes, the best improvement by a Falcon.
- Sophomore Jake Lipski (New Berlin, Wis.) had a 171 total (87-84), which was good for a tie for 51st position. Junior Kyle Rebholz (West Bend, Wis.) placed 56th after shooting a 176 total (89-87).
- Freshman Bailey Van Handel (Kaukauna, Wis.) and sophomore Jonathan Pfeilstifter (Oshkosh, Wis.) golfed as individuals and shot 182 and 190, respectively.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Madonna won the team trophy with a 590 total (298-292) to win by 12 strokes.
- Michael Gaulin (Madonna) carded a 3-under par 141 total (70-71) to win by five strokes over his teammate John Tatti.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin returns to the course on Monday for the Illinois College Classic at Jacksonville Country Club in Jacksonville, Ill.