Springfield, Ill. – Concordia Wisconsin competed at the two-day, 36-hole Illinois College Invitational at The Rail Golf Course on Friday and Saturday.
Course: The Rail Golf Course (par 72)
Team Leaderboard: Concordia Wisconsin 9th of 11 (364-356 – 720)
Falcon Individuals: Nathen Hasenstein (90-86 – 176), Logan Jones (92-86 – 178), Bailey VanHandel (93-89 – 182), CJ Teske (89-95 – 184), Andrew Handrich (110-101 – 211)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin posted a team score of 720 after shooting 364 on Friday and 356 on Saturday, to place ninth out of 11 teams competing.
- Junior Nathen Hasenstein (Sheboygan, Wis.) led the Falcons lineup by carding a total of 176 with scores of 90 in day one and 86 during the final 18 holes., which was good enough for a tie for 41st. Freshman Logan Jones (Plymouth, Wis.) was not far behind totaling a 92 on Friday and 86 on Saturday, good for second on the team with a 178.
- The Falcons also had freshman Bailey VanHandel (Kaukauna, Wis.) signing for a 182 (93-89) placing in a tie for 49th position. Freshman CJ Teske (Pewaukee, Wis.) had totals of 89 and 95 totaling 184 to place in 52nd solely. Sophomore Andrew Handrich (Kaukauna, Wis.) rounded out Concordia Wisconsin's lineup by carding a 211 (110-101) to place in the 57th position.
- Kirkwood Community was the only team to have both two-day team total scores under 300, as they took home first place with a total of 586. They also had the medialist in Niall Powell who carded a 142 (71-71), which was 2-under par.
- Concordia Wisconsin improved from day one to day two, by cutting eight strokes off their team total. Four Falcons also improved in round two by cutting strokes from their previous day score.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will travel to Aurora, Ill., to play at Stonebridge Country Club for the second 36 holes of the NACC Championship.