WEST DUNDEE, Ill. – Concordia Wisconsin's Men's Golf program competed at the difficult two-day, 36-hole Tim Kopka Memorial Tournament, hosted by Carthage, which ended on Saturday at Randall Oaks Golf Club. The Falcons finished in 19th as a team and Andrew Otto paced the squad with a tie for 43rd.
Course: Randall Oaks Golf Club
Team Leaderboard: 19th of 20 (322-324 – 646)
Falcon Individuals: Andrew Otto (78-78 – 156), Dylan Karvala (78-82 – 160), Jake Lipski (84-81 – 165), Nate Hasenstein (82-83 – 165), Jonathan Pfeilstifter (85-89 – 174)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin finished in 19th position overall as a team after carding a 646 total (322-324). The Falcons moved up one spot from the opening round.
- Sophomore Andrew Otto (Kewaskum, Wis.) led the team with back-to-back rounds of 78 to tie for 43rd on the leaderboard. His efforts on Saturday moved him up two positions.
- Freshman Dylan Karvala (New Berlin, Wis.) signed for a 160 total (78-82) to tie for 66th, while junior Jake Lipski (New Berlin, Wis.) ended with a 165 total (84-81) and was the only Falcon to improve from Friday to Saturday.
- Senior Nate Hasenstein (Sheboygan, Wis.) had rounds of 82-83 to finish with a 165 total and junior Jonathan Pfeilstifter (Oshkosh, Wis.) concluded with a 174 total (85-89).
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Illinois Wesleyan won the tournament by two strokes after shooting a 581 total (284-287) to edge host Carthage.
- Andrew Abel (Illinois Wesleyan) and Matt Meneghetti (Carthage) tied for medalist honors after shooting a 2-under par 140 total. Abel moved up from a tie for sixth into the top spot on Saturday.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons travel to Eagle Ridge Resort for the two-day, 36-hole Midwest Region Classic in Galena, Ill.