LAKE GENEVA, Wis. – Andrew Otto finished in a tie for eighth place after shooting a 151 total (79-72), while Concordia Wisconsin ended in fifth position at the MSOE Invitational, which took place at Grand Geneva Resort on Sunday and Monday.
Course: Grand Geneva Resort – The Highlands (par 71, 6,659 yards), The Brute (par 72, 6,554 yards)
Team Leaderboard: 5th of 14 (311-309 – 620)
Falcon Individuals: Andrew Otto (79-72 – 151), Nate Benjamin (76-77 – 153), Nathan Hasenstein (78-78 – 156)#, Sam Schlosser (78-80 – 157), Jacob Tenlen (79-80 – 159), Jake Lipski (79-81 – 160)#, Kyle Rebholz (80-80 – 160)#, Jacob Sheehan (81-88 – 169)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sophomore Andrew Otto (Kewaskum, Wis.) moved up 13 spots on the leaderboard after an E-par 72 on Monday, which included three birdies and 13 pars. He shot a 1-over 37 on the back nine to record his first top-10 finish of the season. The righty had a 151 total (79-72) to finish in a tie for eighth place.
- Concordia Wisconsin improved two shots from the opening round and had a 620 total (311-309), but fell one spot and had a fifth-place finish.
- Freshman Nate Benjamin (Tucson, Ariz.) ended in a tie for 11th place after signing for a 153 total (76-77). He had seven birdies and 18 pars to his credit.
- Senior Nathan Hasenstein (Sheboygan, Wis.) shot back-to-back 78s to record a t-20 finish. He competed as an individual and sunk four birdies and 19 pars during the event.
- Sophomore Sam Schlosser (West Bend, Wis.) carded a 157 total (77-80) and placed in a tie for 24th. The righty made two birdie putts and 20 pars during the 36 holes of action.
- Junior Jacob Tenlen (Montreal, Wis.) ended with 159 strokes (79-80) and a t-32 finish. He tallied five birdies and 14 pars to help the Falcons.
- Junior Jake Lipski (New Berlin, Wis.) played as an individual and tied for 36th on the leaderboard. He sunk five birdie putts and made 13 pars during beautiful weather.
- Senior Kyle Rebholz (West Bend, Wis.) competed as an individual and shot a pair of 80s. He made two birdies and 16 pars during the difficult tournament.
- Junior Jacob Sheehan (Elburn, Ill.) rounded out the Falcons lineup with a 169 total (81-88), which included two birdies and 15 pars.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- The Falcons 620 total is the third lowest for a 36-hole event in program history.
- Otto's 151 two-day total is tied for the eighth-lowest 36-hole total by an individual in program history. As well, his E-par 72 is tied for the fifth lowest score.
- Concordia Wisconsin ranked third in par 4 scoring average at 4.42. They also made 102 pars, which was the second most by a team.
- Benjamin was tied for second in par 3 scoring average at 3.13 (1-over par for the tournament). He also ended the tournament 1-under par on all par 5s.
- Otto ranked tied for fifth with a 4.19 average on par 4s.
- Carthage won the team trophy with a two-day total of 590 (300-290) to win by 22 strokes over Loras.
- Austin Hansen (Lakeland) and Matt Meneghetti (Carthage) each tied for first place with a 144 total.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin prepares for round one and two of the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Championship on Monday and Tuesday (October 9-10) at Whistling Straits – Irish Course in Kohler, Wis.
April 24, 2018 Men’s Golf competes at Carthage Spring Invitational
April 22, 2018 Schlosser in 4th, Men’s Golf in 3rd at NACC Championship
April 16, 2018 Men's Golf tournaments canceled
April 4, 2018 Golf tournaments canceled because of winter weather
April 3, 2018 Otto named NACC Player of the Week
March 31, 2018 Otto wins first career event at Knox Invitational
March 25, 2018 Men’s Golf, VanHandel wins Illinois College Invitational
March 24, 2018 Golf schedules change because of weather
October 8, 2017 Schlosser leads NACC Men’s Golf Championship
September 28, 2017 Carden shoots 76, Men’s Golf competes at Elmhurst Fall Invitational
September 25, 2017 Men’s Golf competes at Wisconsin Lutheran Fall Invitational
September 24, 2017 Otto finishes t-8th, Men’s Golf places fifth at MSOE Invitational
September 16, 2017 Benjamin finishes t-10, Men’s Golf improves at Midwest Region Classic
September 14, 2017 Putting for birdies
September 9, 2017 Men’s Golf competes at Carthage Tim Kopka Memorial Tournament
September 5, 2017 Men’s Golf performs at Aurora Double Gun
September 2, 2017 Falcons compete at Edgewood Culver's Fall Classic