MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Hockey team took on the No. 1 ranked team in the country Friday night at the Ozaukee Ice Center, falling by an 8-1 score against St. Norbert College. The Green Knights scored three times each in the final two periods, four of those on the power play, in the win over the Falcons.
- Final Score: No. 1 St. Norbert 8, Concordia Wisconsin 1
- Location: Ozaukee Ice Center – Mequon, Wis.
- Records: St. Norbert 15-2-1, 11-2-0 NCHA, Concordia Wisconsin 9-7-2, 5-6-2 NCHA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Despite the Falcons having a 9-5 shots advantage in the opening period, the Green Knights had a 2-0 lead after 20 minutes of play. St. Norbert converted on two of its five shots on goal, and nearly had a third goal but it was ruled the puck was scored after the clock hit zeroes.
- From that point on it was all Green Knights as they quickly went up 4-0 with two early goals in the second period scored 12 seconds apart from one another.
- The Falcons lone goal came down 5-0 as senior Eli Riddle (Blissfield, Mich.) netted a power play goal with 3:05 left in the second. Riddle's score was assisted by sophomores Braden Crone (Metiskow, Alberta) and Anthony Pickering (Sylvan Lake, Alberta).
- St. Norbert would add on three power play goals in the third period for the 8-1 final. The Green Knights outshot the Falcons 42-15 in the game.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Friday marked the seventh all-time meeting between St. Norbert and CUW and the fifth in which the Green Knights were the top ranked team in the country. CUW is winless in the series.
- The Falcons will visit St. Norbert tomorrow night to conclude the two-game NCHA set. Puck drop in De Pere is set for 7 p.m.