DULUTH, Minn. – After an exciting come-from-behind win Friday night, Concordia Wisconsin was looking to build off that momentum for Saturday's tilt with St. Scholastica. Unfortunately for the Falcons, it was the Saints who came out firing on Saturday, scoring four first-period goals en route to a 5-2 win.
Final Score: St. Scholastica 5, Concordia Wisconsin 3
Location: Mars Lakeview Arena – Duluth, Minnesota
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 12-8-1, 9-6-1 NCHA; St. Scholastica 12-8-1, 10-5-1 NCHA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Saints jumped out with two goals scored within the first three minutes of play. Kyle Beaulieu struck 2:36 into the game, while Josh Hansen scored 21 seconds later for a 2-0 lead.
- St. Scholastica would add two more first-period goals, coming off the sticks of Mark Whiteley and Brandon Millin. Whiteley scored 9:48 into the first, while Millin struck with 4:53 remaining in the opening stanza.
- The Falcons deficit would grow to 5-0 at the 14:30 mark of the second period when Brett Radford joined the Saints scoring. CUW would respond before the second intermission, as senior Tanner Bull (Brooklin, Ontario) struck with 32 seconds left in the second. Seniors David Haaf (Medicine Hat, Alberta) and Brandt Weldon (The Pas, Manitoba) assisted on the goal.
- The Falcons would add their second tally just 24 seconds into the third period on a goal by sophomore Eric Therrien (Willow Bunch, Saskatchewan). Haaf would then score with 1:41 seconds left in the game to make the final score 5-3.
- Sophomore Jack Romanuik (Melfort, Saskatchewan) finished the game with 14 saves. The Falcons outshot the Saints 23-19.
- Peter Megariotis picked up the win for St. Scholastica by making 20 stops.
- The Falcons will play their final four games of the season inside the Ozaukee Ice Center beginning with two against Adrian next weekend. The opener is set for Friday night at 7 p.m.