MEQUON, Wis. – The Adrian Men's Hockey program is often known as one of the best offensive teams in the country year in and year out. On Friday, Adrian showed Concordia University Wisconsin exactly why, scoring eight times in the first two periods for an 8-1 win over the Falcons.
- Final Score: Adrian 8, Concordia Wisconsin 1
- Location: Ozaukee Ice Center – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Records: Adrian 15-5-2, 14-3 NCHA; Concordia Wisconsin 12-9-1, 9-7-1 NCHA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Bulldogs wasted little time getting going, scoring 40 seconds into play. The Austin Hervey goal was one of three scored by Adrian in the first 20 minutes of play. Vincent Paquette had the other first-period tallies for Adrian.
- The Falcons lone score of the night came 9:07 into play off the stick of sophomore Adam Fauchoux (Prince Albert, Saskatchewan). Sophomore Nicholas Erb (London, Ontario) and freshman Josh Adkins (Victoria, British Columbia) assisted on the Fauchoux goal.
- Adrian would tack on five goals in the second period for the 8-1 final. Trevor Boyd scored the first two, both on the power play, while Matt McNair, Taylor McCloy, and Bryan Yim added tallies for the Bulldogs.
- Shots on goal were pretty even despite the lopsided score as Adrian finished with a 28-25 edge. The Bulldogs were able to capitalize on eight of their first 21 shots on goal over the first two periods of play.
- The Falcons will look for better results as these two meet again tomorrow afternoon. Puck drop from the Ozaukee Ice Center is set for 4 p.m.