Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 9, Benedictine 5
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 4-3, 1-0 MLC, Benedictine 2-5, 1-0 MLC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin scored four consecutive goals over the course of 15 minutes to turn a 3-3 tie on the scoreboard into a 7-3 advantage with 1:50 to play in the third period. What was important was two of the four goals were converted on man-up opportunities.
- While the Falcons offense held a 46-24 shots advantage, it all began with freshman Ben Gramarossa (Smithtown, N.Y.) who was dominate in the faceoff circle, winning 15-of-17 chances. He also picked up seven ground balls.
- Gregory (sophomore, Louisville, Ky.) scored three goals and had a career-high five ground balls.
- Seniors Kellen Asmundson (Inver Grove Heights, Minn.) and James Warner (Ham Lake, Minn.) recorded two goals and two assists each.
- Sophomore Warren Kaminsky (Winnipeg, Manitoba) tallied a pair of goals.
- Senior Benjamin Smith (Round Lake Beach, Ill.) caused four turnovers to lead the defense.
- Sophomore Garrett Wohlford (Rochester, Minn.) made 13 saves in goal to help in the victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Smith's four caused turnovers moves him into sole possession of first place in program history.
- The Falcons ended the victory with a 40-26 advantage in ground balls and had double-figure ground balls in three of the four quarters.
- Concordia Wisconsin has won three games in a row against Benedictine and have outscored the Eagles 35-21 during that stretch.
- Corbin Gett scored three goals for the Eagles, while Will Reece III and Brandon Pearl each scored.
- Ross Hulick caused four turnovers and Sammie Sanko made 15 saves in goal.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will have a week off before traveling to Beloit for a Saturday, March 25 MLC contest at 1 pm.