BLOOMINGTON, Ill. – Illinois Wesleyan was too much to handle from the onset of Wednesday night's non-conference game, as the Titans opened the first quarter with a 6-1 lead before eventually defeating Concordia Wisconsin, 17-4, at Tucci Stadium.
Final Score: Illinois Wesleyan 17, Concordia Wisconsin 4
Location: Tucci Stadium (Bloomington, Ill.)
Records: Illinois Wesleyan 12-3, Concordia Wisconsin 9-5
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Illinois Wesleyan marked six goals on the scoreboard in the opening quarter, four of the unassisted variety, and never looked back. The hosts finished with overwhelming advantages in several statistical categories – 62-22 in shots, 55-30 in ground balls and 21-of-25 in faceoffs.
- The Falcons scored once in each quarter and were led by senior James Warner (Ham Lake, Minn.) who had two goals. Senior Benjamin Smith (Round Lake Beach, Ill.) scored his first career goal and a game-high three caused turnovers, while sophomore Warren Kaminsky (Winnipeg, Manitoba) ended with a goal and an assist.
- Junior Paul Fischer (Champlin, Minn.) recorded five ground balls and two caused turnovers.
- Sophomore Garrett Wohlford (Rochester, Minn.) ended with 15 saves, including eight in the third period, during 52:18 of action in net.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Wohlford's 15 saves are tied for the sixth-most in a game in program history.
- Bailey Marth led all scorers with five goals, while Connor May had four of his own. Tim Smith and Evan Mok-Lamme each added two goals.
- J.C. Grabarek controlled the faceoff circle, winning 18-of-22 attempts and picking up 15 ground balls.
- Steven Laduzinsky made five saves in 53:34 of work.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin hosts Northland in the final non-conference game of the season on Saturday at 1 pm.