MEQUON, Wis. – An Aurora University goal in the 67th minute was enough to knock off the Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Soccer team Sunday in the opening round of the NACC Tournament. The Falcons season concludes with a 13-5-0 overall record.
- Final Score: Aurora 1, Concordia Wisconsin 0
- Location: Fitting Field – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Records: Aurora 8-9-2; Concordia Wisconsin 13-5-0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- While low scoring, the match featured plenty of thrilling moments and scoring opportunities. The two teams combined for 14 shots on goal in the opening half, with junior Killian Mielotz (Grafton, Wis.) making six first-half saves to keep the score 0-0. The Spartans Zach McFarland made eight first-half saves.
- The lone goal of the match came in the 67th minute on an incredible individual effort from Collin Foreman. Foreman dribbled through the Falcons defense and struck from 18 yards out, sending it in the lower left corner of the goal.
- The Falcons had some chances down the stretch but the Aurora defense had the answer once again. In two matches this season against the Spartans the Falcons manage zero goals despite some strong opportunities.
- CUW finished with a 24-19 edge in shots, including an 11-7 advantage in the second half.
- Freshman Nate Yeager (Rio Rancho, N.M.) played the second half at goalie for the Falcons and finished with one save.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- CUW has now lost three straight seasons in its first NACC Tournament game. In 2014 the Falcons fell at Aurora, while last season they dropped a one-goal contest against Dominican in the semifinals.
- The Falcons posted a double-digit winning season in 2016 for the 22nd time in the past 24 seasons. The 13 wins are tied for the second most since the 2006 season.