MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Soccer team struggled to finish in a non-conference match against Lake Forest Saturday afternoon. The Falcons had several scoring chances, but couldn't convert, falling 1-0 against the Foresters.
- Final Score: Lake Forest 1, Concordia Wisconsin 0
- Location: Fitting Field – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Records: Lake Forest 2-2-0; Concordia Wisconsin 1-1-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The lone goal of the match came in the 19th minute and came off the foot of Gaston Aubert. Aubert took a cross from Sid Babu and buried one in the bottom right corner of the goal for the 1-0 lead. The shot was the only one on goal for the Foresters all afternoon.
- The Falcons had a pair of shots on goal in the first half and added four more in the second half, but Tero Ellas finished the match with six saves for the shutout win.
- CUW finished the match with a 17-13 edge in total shots, including a 12-6 advantage after halftime. Colin Dibb (Hartland, Wis.) tallied a team-best six shots, while Dagoberto Diaz (Woodburn, Ore.) fired four, three on goal.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- CUW has struggled to score this season, despite several great chances through four matches. The Falcons have four total goals, and two in the last three contests. During the four matches, CUW has totaled 31 shots on goal.
- The Falcons will visit Carroll Wednesday for a non-conference match. The contest is set for a 7 p.m. start.