Men's Tennis finishes spring trip falling to Oberlin College
HILTON HEAD, S.C. – The Concordia University Wisconsin men's tennis team dropped its final match of its spring trip, falling to Oberlin College, 8-1.
CUW (3-8) netted its only win of the match at No. 3 doubles where the duo of juniors Garrett Wells (Aurora, Ill.) and Tanner Hahn (Reedsburg, Wis.) gained a 8-6 victory. The Falcons would drop the other two doubles matches at No. 1 and No. 2.
Oberlin College (7-3) would go on to sweep the singles matches as they cruised to the 8-1 victory.
CUW will return to the court next Saturday when they open Northern Athletics Conference play with a pair of dual matches. The Falcons will host Rockford College at 10 a.m. and then host Aurora University at 2 p.m.
03/29/13 at Hilton Head, S.C. (Hilton Head Beach & Tennis Resort)
1. Callan Louis (OBEM) def. Johnson, Russell (CUW) 7-6 (7-3), 0-6, 11-9
2. Charlie Marks (OBEM) def. Turner, Skip (CUW) 6-3, 6-3
3. Ben Turchin (OBEM) def. Shaffer, Taylor (CUW) 6-0, 6-1
4. Soren Zeliger (OBEM) def. Leon, Antoine (CUW) 6-1, 6-1
5. Eliot Heaton (OBEM) def. Hahn, Tanner (CUW) 6-1, 6-3
6. Brandon McKena (OBEM) def. Wells, Garrett (CUW) 6-4, 6-4
1. Callan Louis/Charlie Marks (OBEM) def. Turner, Skip/Shaffer, Taylor (CUW) 8-1
2. Ben Turchin/Soren Zeliger (OBEM) def. Johnson, Russell/Leon, Antoine (CUW) 8-3
3. Wells, Garrett/Hahn, Tanner (CUW) def. Parker Oka-Wong/Paul Goebel (OBEM) 8-6
Concordia Wisconsin 3-8
Oberlin College 7-4