JACKSON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Tennis team split a pair of non-conference matches Saturday. The Falcons started the day with a setback against Division II Lake Superior State, before defeating St. Norbert College by a 7-2 score.
- Final Scores: Lake Superior St. 8, Concordia Wisconsin 1; CUW 7, St. Norbert 2
- Location: Pleasant Valley Tennis Center – Jackson, Wisconsin
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 5-4; Lake Superior St. 5-4; St. Norbert 3-2
LAKE SUPERIOR ST. 8, CONCORDIA WISCONSIN1
- The Falcons started the day by falling against the Lakers. The lone win for CUW came at No. 6 singles as freshman Nathan Raskin (Shorewood, Wis.) rallied for a 4-6, 6-3, 1-0 (10-7) win.
- CUW started the match by being swept in doubles play and dropped the other five singles contests.
CONCORDIA WISCONSIN 7, ST. NORBERT 2
- The Falcons rebounded nicely with a 7-2 win over the Green Knights in the evening. The Falcons started the dual out with two wins in doubles play, coming from the No. 1 and 3 duos.
- The No. 3 duo of Gabe Binversie (Plymouth, Wis.) and Trevor Budewitz (Watertown, Wis.) netted a 9-7 victory, while the No. 1 pairing of James Forster (Northbrook, Ill.) and Brad Guendel (Greendale, Wis.) gained an easy 8-2 victory.
- The Falcons were impressive in singles play, winning five of six matches for the 7-2 win. Forster paced the team at the No. 1 singles spot with a 7-5, 7-5 victory.
- Christian Docter (Madison, Wis.) posted a 7-5, 6-1 win at No. 3 singles, while Guendel added a 6-2, 6-3 win in his No. 4 singles match. Binversie also had little trouble in his contest, a 6-2, 6-1 win at No. 5 singles.
- Raskin finished the day with a 2-0 record by netting another tiebreaker win at No. 6 singles. He won 6-0, 4-6, 1-0 (10-8).
- The Falcons are off until their spring break trip which is slated to begin next Monday, March 13. CUW will play five matches in Hilton Head, South Carolina over a five-day stretch.