HILTON HEAD, S.C. – Concordia Wisconsin performed well on its spring break trip and secured a 6-3 non-conference victory over Indiana East on Friday afternoon.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 6, Indiana East 3
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 9-5, Indiana East 8-6
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin picked up two points in doubles play for a 2-1 lead entering singles action.
- Junior James Forster (Northbrook, Ill.) and junior Brad Guendel (Greendale, Wis.) won 8-6 at No. 1 doubles, while sophomore Christian Docter (Madison, Wis.) and junior Ceejay Schaffner (Winona, Minn.) battled for a 9-8 (7-5) win at No. 2 doubles.
- Docter earned a 7-5, 6-3 decision at No. 2 singles, while freshman Gabe Binversie (Plymouth, Wis.) ended with a 6-1, 6-4 win at No. 4 singles.
- Senior Trevor Budewitz (Watertown, Wis.) recorded a 6-1, 6-4 victory at No. 6 singles. Forster won by default at No. 1 singles.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Concordia Wisconsin ended its spring break trip with a 4-1 record, which was tied for the most wins at Hilton Head, South Carolina, since going 4-2 during the 2010 trip.
- The pairing of Docter/Schaffner were 4-1 at No. 2 doubles during the trip.
- Binversie didn't lose a singles match, winning three at the No. 5 position and a pair at the No. 4 spot.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin travels to Purdue Northwest for a Friday, March 31 match at 3 pm.