RIVER FOREST, Ill. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Tennis team went on the road for its first two NACC matches of the season Saturday, playing at Dominican and Concordia Chicago. The Falcons had little trouble in those two duals, winning both 9-0, to begin NACC play with a 2-0 record.
- Final Scores: Concordia Wisconsin 9, Dominican 0; Concordia Wisconsin 9, Concordia Chicago 0
- Locations: Dominican and Concordia Chicago
- Records: CUW 13-5, 2-0 NACC; DU 0-2, 0-1 NACC; CUC 1-6, 1-1 NACC
CUW 9, DOMINICAN 0
- The Falcons began the day with three easy doubles wins over the Stars. The most convincing win was in No. 3 doubles where Gabe Binversie (Plymouth, Wis.) and Trevor Budewitz (Watertown, Wis.) posted an 8-0 victory.
- The other two doubles wins for CUW were by the same score, 8-2. The No. 1 duo of James Forster (Northbrook, Ill.) and Brad Guendel (Greendale, Wis.) won by that score, as did the No. 2 team of Christian Docter and Ceejay Schaffner.
- In singles play, Docter (Madison, Wis.) got the team started with a 7-6 (7-4), 6-2 win at the No. 1 position. Schaffner (Winona, Minn.) added a 7-6 (7-2), 6-3 win at No. 2 singles.
- The rest of the singles matches were convincing wins for the Falcons, including Guendel who rolled to a 6-0, 6-0 win at the No. 4 position. Binversie had little trouble at No. 3 singles, winning 6-0, 6-1, while Budewitz posted the same score in No. 6 singles. The final win for the Falcons was Nathan Raskin (Shorewood, Wis.) as he netted a 6-2, 6-1 win in his No. 5 matchup.
CUW 9, CUC 0
- As dominant as the Falcons were in the morning, they were even more impressive in the afternoon. In the win over the Cougars all three doubles teams, the same duos as the morning, posted 8-0 victories to get CUW off to a strong start.
- In singles play, CUW won in straight sets in all six matches, dropping a total of 8 points in 12 sets. Forster was in the No. 1 position this time and posted a 6-1, 6-2 victory. Docter rolled, 6-1, 6-1 at No. 2 singles, while Schaffner netted a 6-1, 6-0 victory at the No. 3 matchup.
- Binversie moved to 2-0 in conference play with a 6-2, 6-0 win at No. 4 singles, while Guendel gained his second 6-0, 6-0 win of the day, this one coming in the No. 5 matchup. Raskin rounded out the singles lineup and also won by a 6-0, 6-0 score.
- The Falcons will host Lakeland in a NACC match Thursday at the CUW Tennis Courts. The match is set to begin at 4 p.m.