MEQUON, Wis. – In three NACC matches this season, the Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Tennis team has made things look easy. The Falcons continued that trend Thursday with a 9-0 victory over Lakeland. CUW dropped a total of three points in the match.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 9, Lakeland 0
- Location: CUW Tennis Courts – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Records: CUW 14-5, 3-0 NACC; Lakeland 0-7, 0-3 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In doubles play, the Falcons posted two 8-0 victories and the final one by a score of 8-1. The No. 1 pairing of James Forster and Brad Guendel rolled to one of the 8-0 victories. Also winning 8-0, was the No. 3 duo of Gabe Binversie and Trevor Budewitz.
- In singles play the Falcons continued their dominance, winning four matches by 6-0, 6-0 scores. The other two wins were 6-0, 6-1 finals.
- Forster (Northbrook, Ill.) led the way with a 6-0, 6-0 win at No. 1 singles. Also gaining 6-0, 6-0 wins were Schaffner at the No. 3 spot, Binversie (Plymouth, Wis.) at the No. 4 position, and Guendel (Greendale, Wis.) in his No. 5 matchup.
- Docter also had little trouble in his No. 2 singles victory, winning 6-0, 6-1. Budewitz (Watertown, Wis.) recorded the same result in his No. 5 singles win.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- In three years under head coach Steve Anschutz, the Falcons have posted eight NACC wins by a 9-0 score. CUW recorded the feat three times last season and twice in Anschutz's first season (2014-15). The Falcons are 16-3 under Anschutz in NACC regular season play.
- CUW will have over a week off before returning to action. The Falcons will play two road NACC matches on Saturday, April 22 against Marian (10 a.m.) and Edgewood (2 p.m.).