KENOSHA, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Track & Field team had a strong showing at the NACC Indoor Championships Saturday, finishing third at the nine-team event. Samual Spranger paced the Falcons in his first conference meet with a win in the 400-meter dash, while also helping his team to a win in the 4X400-meter relay.
- Falcons Score: 3rd of 9 (71.5 points)
- Location: Tarble Athletic & Recreation Center – Kenosha, Wisconsin
- Individual Champions: Spranger (400 – 50.34); 4X400-meter relay (Silas Hasselbrook, Logan Hass, Damon Nick, Spranger – 3:25.69)
- School Record: Jordan Kelly (Long Jump – 7.04 meters)* Tied previous school record
- Team Champion: Benedictine (242.5 points)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Spranger (Fond du Lac, Wis.) ran a 50.34 to win the 400-meter dash in his first career NACC Indoor Championships. His teammate, Damon Nick (Slinger, Wis.) placed third in the 400 by crossing the finish line in 50.91.
- With Spranger and Nick performing so well in the 400-meter dash, it was no surprise the Falcons had success in the 4X400-meter relay. Joined by Silas Hasselbrook (Missoula, Mont.) and Logan Hass (Manawa, Wis.), the foursome ran their race in 3:25.69 for a first-place finish.
- Hasselbrook had a good all-around day for the Falcons, adding a second-place finish in the 55-meter hurdles and a fifth-place mark in the 55-meter dash. He ran a 6.68 in the 55 finals while posting a 7.8 in the 55 hurdle finals. Nick added a fifth-place finish in the 55 hurdles, running a 7.98.
- Jordan Kelly (Mequon, Wis.) tied a school record in the long jump and finished third in the event. He leaped 7.04 meters, which tied Justin Simmons from the 2010 season.
- Tyler Martinkus (Mokena, Ill.) posted a pair of top-five finishes in throwing events for CUW. He was fourth in the weight throw (16.37 meters) while finishing fifth in the shot put (13.67).
- The Falcons also received fifth-place finishes from Brandon Goesch (Germantown, Wis.) and Zach Ziemann (Jackson, Wis.) in the 800 and mile, respectively. Goesch ran a 2:01.58 in the 800, while Ziemann clocked in at 4:30 in the mile.
- Bill Adams - 55 (6.92)
- Kory Boyd - 200 (23.58)
- Ryan Curran - Weight Throw (11.23 meters)
- Logan Goss - Triple Jump (12.02 meters)
- Goss - Long Jump (5.67 meters)
- Athanasius Hasselbrook - Long Jump (5.74)
- A. Hasselbrook - 55 Hurdles (10.38)
- S. Hasselbrook - 55 Hurdles (7.80)
- Emanuel Huerta-Gutierrez - 3,000 (9:36.41)
- Jordan Kelly - Long Jump (7.04)
- Nick Margrett - 200 (23.51)
- Martinkus - Weight Throw (16.37)
- Nick - 400 (50.91)
- Roy - 55 (6.65)
- Tafari Young - Triple Jump (11.47)
- Ziemann - Mile (4:30)
- Select athletes will compete in last chance meets over the next few weeks to take aim at school records or marks to qualify them for the NCAA Championships.