NAPERVILLE, Ill. – Samual Spranger finished off an impressive rookie season with a school record in the 400-meter dash and Gavin Falotico set a new PR and qualified for nationals in the javelin throw as the Concordia University Wisconsin Track & Field program had a few athletes compete at the North Central Final Qualifier Wednesday and Thursday.
- School Record: Spranger (400)
- Individual Champions: Falotico (Javelin Throw)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Spranger (Fond du Lac, Wis.) finished fourth in the 400-meter dash, running his school-record race in a time of 48.60 seconds. He broke a 13-year old school record in the process.
- Falotico (Palatine, Ill.) currently sits in 20th nationally in the javelin throw after winning the event with a toss of 60.75 meters, securing a spot at the national meet.
- Nora Imperl (Greenfield, Wis.) and Cassandra Sprotte (Abbotsford, Wis.) each competed in distance events for the Falcons. Imperl was eighth in the 3,000-meter steeplechase with a time of 11:26.36 while Sprotte finished seventh in the 1,500-meter run at 4:44.51. Sprotte ranks 29th currently in the 1,500 and could qualify for nationals if others ahead of her elect not to compete due to qualifying in other distance events. The top 22 in each event qualify for the Women's Championship.
- Colleen Sauvey (De Pere, Wis.) closed out an impressive career with a seventh-place finish in the hammer throw. She landed a toss of 48.06 meters and is the school-record holder in the event, setting a new high at three different meets throughout the season.