MEQUON, Wis. – Samual Spranger won the 400-meter dash as the Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Track & Field team finished fourth in the season-opening UW-Oshkosh Titan Early Bird Meet.
- Falcons Finish: 4th of 8 (71 points)
- Location: Kolf Sports Center – Oshkosh, Wisconsin
- Individual Champions: Spranger (400-meter dash)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Spranger posted a win in the 400-meter dash by outrunning the competition in a time of 50.29. The Falcons had a solid performance in the 400, as Preus Hasselbrook and Henry Jensen finished third and fourth in the meet, respectively.
- Silas Hasselbrook had a strong day for the Falcons with a second-place finish in the 60-meter hurdles (8.72) and a fifth-place finish in the 60-meter dash (7.26). Jake Roy placed second in the 60-meter dash, running a 7.20 in the finals.
- Freshman Paul Leahy finished fourth in the 800-meter dash in his first career meet.
- In field events, CUW had a pair of top-five finishers in Grant Johnson (pole vault) and Jordan Kelly (long jump). Johnson was third in the pole vault (4.30 meters), while Kelly placed second in the long jump (6.69 meters).
- Jensen - 400 (54.11)
- Nick Margrett - 60 (7.4)
- Margrett - 200 (23.42)
- Tim Zunker - Pole Vault (3.70)
- The Falcons will compete at the Carthage Private College Invite on January 13.
January 13, 2018 Men's Track & Field finishes second at Private College Invite
December 18, 2017 De Lap breaks five American Records at Desert Solstice Event
December 2, 2017 Men's Track & Field places fourth in season-opening meet