RIVER FOREST, Ill. – Sixth-ranked Dominican was too much to handle on Wednesday night, as Concordia Wisconsin dropped a 3-0 (25-5, 25-11, 25-14) match during NACC play inside Igini Sports Forum.
Final Score: No. 6 Dominican 3, Concordia Wisconsin 0 (25-5, 25-11, 25-14)
Location: Igini Sports Forum (River Forest, Ill.)
Records: Dominican 18-6, 6-1 NACC; Concordia Wisconsin 0-22, 0-8 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Stars served their way to a win behind 17 aces' which included six in the first set, seven in the second and four in the final stanza.
- Concordia Wisconsin fell behind 9-1 and then 17-2 in the opening frame and was never able to recover against its sixth nationally ranked opponent this season.
- The Falcons hung with Dominican in the early going of the third set, trailing 6-5 before the narrow deficit got away from them. They did, however, scored eight of the final 17 points in the match.
- Freshman Sam Rovik (Silver Lake, Wis.) had a team-high five kills, while two of his teammates posted two kills each.
- Freshman Matthew Korman (Roscoe, Ill.) had five assists, four digs and a block assist. Freshman Blake Schwandt (Kenosha, Wis.) tallied two block assists.
Adrian Cebula led all players with 12 kills, while Nidhin Thomas posted 11 kills. Evan Ruffner directed the offense to the tune of 35 assists and also served three aces.
- Zach Sinn served seven aces, while Thomas added three service aces of his own. Cebula and Patrick Bradford also had two service aces each.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin travels to Marian for a Saturday NACC match at 1 pm.