WARRENVILLE, Ill. – Senior Michael Taylor finished in the top 20, pacing the Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Cross Country Team Friday at the Benedictine Eagle Invitational. The Falcons finished 10th at the meet.
- Course: St. James Forest Preserve – Warrenville, Illinois
- Team Leaderboard: 10th of 18 (242 points)
- Falcons Top Five: Taylor – 27:19.5; Zach Ziemann – 28:18.7; Craig Reese – 28:39.8; Emanuel Huerta-Gutierrez 29:20.8; Ryan Teigen – 29:41.7
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons main battle this year has been getting healthy as CUW had just six runners compete on Friday. Four runners missed the Benedictine Eagle Invitational.
- Taylor (Denmark, Wis.) paced the Falcons, just as he has done in every race this season. The senior finished 15th in 177-runner field, coming across the finish line in a time of 27:19.5.
- Ziemann (Jackson, Wis.) was next in line for CUW, clocking in at 28:18.7. Next in line was the freshman Reese (Germantown, Wis.), who posted a season-best mark of 28:39.8.
- Huerta-Guttierez had the best effort of his career in an 8K event, finishing the race with a PR of 29:20.8. He was followed by Teigen (Fargo, N.D.) who posted a time of 29:41.7.
- The final Falcons runner on Friday was sophomore Matthew Wilcox (APO, AE). Wilcox ran well, posting a PR time of 32:32.6.
- North Central captured the team title, scoring 50 points. Lake Forest was second, 30 points behind North Central.
- Nick Licari of North Central won the race, coming across the finish line in a time of 26:27.9. He just edged out his teammate, Matt Osmulski, who finished the race in 26:28.0.
- CUW will run at the UW-Oshkosh AAE Invitational next Saturday. The men's race is set for an 11:20 a.m. start.