WEST ALLIS, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Cross Country team finished fourth at the NACC Championships Saturday at Greenfield Park. The Falcons totaled 118 points, ending up in fourth place for the fifth straight season.
- Course: Greenfield Park – West Allis, Wisconsin (8K)
- Falcons Finish: 4th of 10 (118 points)
- Falcons Top Five: Michael Taylor – 29:09.28; Brennan Linse – 29:31.11; Craig Reese – 29:37.87; Zach Ziemann – 29:50.4; Ryan Teigen – 30:41.32
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Taylor (Denmark, Wis.) paced the Falcons and finished 21st in the 89-competitor field. He crossed the finish line in 29:09.28.
- Linse (Jefferson, Wis.) was next in line for CUW, coming across the finish line in a time of 29:31.11. He finished in 24th place and was followed closely by Reese (Germantown, Wis.) who was 27th. Reese completed the course in a time of 29:37.87.
- Ziemann (Jackson, Wis.) ended up 31st on Saturday after posting a finish of 29:50.4. The Falcons final scoring runner was Teigen (Fargo, N.D.) who posted a time of 30:41.32.
- Aurora captured the men's championship for the fifth time, winning the event for the second straight season. Christian Barajas of the Spartans won the race, finishing the course in 27:27.24. MSOE finished second, 16 points behind the Spartans (35-51).
- The Falcons will have a week off before heading to Lake Breeze Golf Course in Winneconne, Wisconsin for the NCAA Division III Midwest Regionals. The men's race is slated for a 12 p.m. start on November 12.