COLFAX, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Cross Country team saw five of its six runners set new personal-bests as the Falcons competed at the UW-Eau Claire Blugold Invitational Friday.
- Falcons Finish: 13th of 13
- Location: Whitetail Golf Course – Colfax, Wisconsin
- Falcons Top Five: Reese, Teigen, Haak, Hutchins, Wilcox
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Craig Reese (Germantown, Wis.) once again paced the Falcons, finishing in 75th place with a PR time of 26:51.7.
- Ryan Teigen (Fargo, N.D.) was next in line for the Falcons, also posting a PR in the 8K race. Teigen ran a 28:01.5. He was followed by Nikolai Haak (Elizabethtown, Ind.) who added a PR of his own, completing the course in 30:29.2.
- The next two runners for the Falcons were Zachary Hutchins (Kewaskum, Wis.) and Matthew Wilcox (APO, AE). Hutchins ran a PR time of 34:07, while Wilcox posted a time of 35:09.3.
- Justin Johnson (Van Dyne, Wis.) was the final Falcon to cross the finish line, running a PR time of 35:19.7.
- UW-La Crosse won the meet by scoring 33 points and placing all of its top five runners in the top 10 overall. Darin Lau of UW-Eau Claire was the individual champion.
- The Falcons are off next weekend and will return to racing on Saturday, October 14 at the Kollege Town Invitational, hosted by UW-Oshkosh. The men's race is set to start at 10:30 a.m.
November 11, 2017 Men's Cross Country season ends at Midwest Regionals
November 10, 2017 Race Notes: Cross Country heads to NCAA DIII Midwest Regionals
October 28, 2017 Reese finishes third at Men's Cross Country NACC Championships
October 25, 2017 Race Notes: Cross Country ready for NACC Championships
October 14, 2017 Huerta-Gutierrez, Wilcox post season-bests for Men's Cross Country
September 29, 2017 Five for Men's Cross Country set personal-bests Friday
September 22, 2017 Men's Cross Country competes at Brissman Lundeen Invite
September 9, 2017 Men's Cross Country seventh at Ken Weidt Classic
September 8, 2017 Race Notes: Cross County hosts Ken Weidt Classic this weekend
August 29, 2017 Reese paces Men's Cross Country in two-mile dual
August 21, 2017 Faith pushing Falcons to run as a unit