CLERMONT, Fla. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Softball team finished off its 10-game Florida trip with a pair of losses Thursday. CUW opened the day with a 7-4 setback against Anderson before falling by a 10-5 score against Endicott. The Falcons finished their trip with a 5-5 record and now own a 6-8 overall record.
- Final Scores: Anderson (Ind.) 7, CUW 4; Endicott 10, CUW 5
- Location: Clermont, Fla.
- Records: CUW (6-8); Anderson (6-3); Endicott (3-5)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons pounded out 10 hits against Anderson, but Anderson took advantage of its 11 hits more in a 7-4 win. CUW received two hits apiece from junior Lexi Holsten (Oshkosh, Wis.) and sophomore Deidra Weinberger (Mayville, Wis.).
- The Falcons jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the top of the second, but Anderson responded with five runs in the bottom half of the frame. CUW would make it 5-4 with a run in the fourth before Anderson went up 7-4 with a pair of scores in the sixth.
- In game two against Endicott, the Falcons defense committed seven errors, allowing six unearned runs, which ultimately proved to be the difference.
- CUW once again tallied 10 hits against Endicott, including three from leadoff hitter, freshman Maddie Zazas (Mundelein, Ill.). Zazas, who had an incredible spring trip for CUW, drove in a pair of runs as well from the leadoff spot, while freshman Delaney O'Keefe (Muskego, Wis.) added two hits to help pace the offense.
- Senior Melissa Perkins (Park Forest, Ill.) was the tough luck pitcher of record Thursday. Perkins gave up nine runs, but just four of them were earned, in 5.1 innings of work.
- The Falcons are set for their Wisconsin opener on Wednesday. CUW is scheduled to host Mount Mary in a non-conference twinbill beginning at 3 p.m.