CLERMONT, Fla. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Softball team dropped a pair of games on the second day of the six-day Florida Spring Break trip Sunday. The Falcons opened the day with a 4-1 setback against UW-River Falls, before falling by a 6-3 score against Arcadia in game two. CUW is now 2-2 on its trip.
- Final Scores: UW-River Falls 4, Concordia Wisconsin 1; Arcadia 6, CUW 3
- Location: Clermont, Florida
- Records: CUW 5-3; UWRF 1-5; Arcadia 1-1
UW-RIVER FALLS 4, CONCORDIA WISCONSIN 1
- CUW couldn't find much offense in the opener, scoring just one run in the third inning for the 4-1 final. UW-River Falls went up 1-0 in the first, but CUW responded with a run in the third to tie the game at 1-1. Junior Deidra Weinberger (Mayville, Wis.) drove in sophomore Sara Rosenow (Kimberly, Wis.) for the third-inning score.
- UW-River Falls took back the lead in the bottom of the fourth with a pair of runs, the second coming unearned on a Falcons error. Ali Krohn had an RBI single in the frame for UW-River Falls. Krohn would drive in another run in the bottom of the sixth.
- Junior Emily Brekke (Waterford, Wis.) turned in a quality start for the Falcons, allowing three earned runs (four total) in six innings. She struck out three and walked three. UW-River Falls was guided by a strong start from Payton Speckel, who threw seven innings, allowing one run with four strikeouts.
- Freshman Molly O'Connell (New London, Wis.) and Rosenow paced the Falcons attack with two hits apiece. Rosenow added a double.
ARCADIA 6, CONCORDIA WISCONSIN 3
- The Falcons fell behind 6-0 after four-and-a-half innings of play thanks to three runs by Arcadia in the fourth, two in the third, and one in the fifth. CUW didn't get the bats rolling until after that, scoring twice in the fifth and once more in the sixth.
- Arcadia featured a balanced attack as all but one starter recorded a hit. Jackie Bilotti drove in two runs to lead Arcadia.
- O'Connell saw her record fall to 2-2 after giving up five runs in four innings. Freshman Amy Kornowski (Hartland, Wis.) pitched one inning relief, while freshman Nicole Lewis (Manhattan, Ill.) threw two scoreless innings.
- The Falcons will return to action tomorrow with two more early games. CUW will battle North Park at 8 a.m. (eastern) before taking on Lake Forest at 10:30.