MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Softball team welcomes Marian to the CUW Softball Field for two games Saturday. The Falcons are looking to start a new winning streak after their six-game stretch was snapped Wednesday at Wisconsin Lutheran.
- Who: Concordia Wisconsin (19-7, 8-2 NACC) vs. Marian (19-7, 7-3 NACC)
- When: Saturday, April 15, 2017 – 12 p.m. (DH)
- Where: CUW Softball Field
- Every home softball game will feature live stats. New this year, live video will be available for home games, weather permitting. If there is a strong chance of rain or other weather issues, CUWFalcons.com may pull to broadcast to protect streaming equipment. Live links can be found on the CUW Softball Schedule.
DIGITAL GAME PROGRAM
- A digital game program can be found here. Limited printed programs (one-page front-and-back) will be available at the field. In addition, fans can download the digital game program at cuwfalcons.com/programs.
AROUND THE BASES
1) The Falcons have won 14 straight home games dating back to last season. CUW is 6-0 at home this year with sweeps over Mount Mary, Lakeland, and MSOE.
2) CUW leads the NACC in several hitting categories, including batting average (.333), runs scored (169, home runs (16) and RBIs (150). The Falcons have scored an average of 5.9 runs per game in 10 NACC contests this season, and are averaging 6.5 runs per contest overall.
3) Emily Brekke has been one of the top pitchers in the NACC this season. Brekke leads the conference with 97 strikeouts while ranking second in ERA (1.25). In addition, the junior leads the league with five saves and is tied for third in wins with 10.
4) The Falcons have won four straight in the series against Marian. It marks the second longest winning streak for CUW over Marian since the 2001 season. The Falcons won six straight from April 10, 2010, through April 3, 2012.