WHITEWATER, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin played well against another nationally ranked opponent, but the third quarter saw No. 20 UW-Whitewater separate itself and eventually earn an 86-67 victory on Monday night inside Kachel Gymnasium. The Falcons trailed by two points at halftime and outscored the Warhawks by a point in the final quarter.
Final Score: No. 20 UW-Whitewater 86, Concordia Wisconsin 67
Location: Kachel Gymnasium (Whitewater, Wis.)
Records: UW-Whitewater 4-0, Concordia Wisconsin 1-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons and Warhawks traded field goals all night long, except for the third quarter, in which the hosts outscored the visitors 29-11. Concordia Wisconsin led by three points after the opening quarter, fell behind by two at the intermission and outscored 20th-ranked UW-Whitewater by a point in the final period.
- Concordia Wisconsin played well and shot 40.7 percent (24-of-59) from the field, committed just 13 turnovers and made 14-of-18 free throws. However, the downside was the third quarter when the Warhawks shot 70.6 percent (12-of-17), while the Falcons struggled at 28.6 percent (4-of-14).
- The Falcons four times led by three points in the opening quarter and by halftime there were three scoring ties and 10 lead changes.
- Senior Audrey Scharmer (Winona, Min.) tallied a career-high 20 points, to go along with six rebounds and two blocks. Junior Baylee Barker (Oconomowoc, Wis.) had 13 points and three assists, while senior Brianna Wagner (Fond du Lac, Wis.) recorded 11 points.
- Sophomores Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) and Kaelynn Lesniak (Pewaukee, Wis.) each had seven points off the bench.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons had eight players score in the game and 13 saw action.
- Concordia Wisconsin has played two top-20 nationally ranked opponents (No. 13 Hope, No. 20 UW-Whitewater) in two of the first three games this season. In seven of the eight quarters, they were outscored by a combined nine points.
- Brooke Trewyn had a double-double (15 points, 10 rebounds) for the Warhawks.
- Camri Conley and Malia Smith each scored 16 points. Conley also had eight rebounds and three assists.
- UW-Whitewater shot 59.7 percent (37-of-62) in the game.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin travels to UW-Platteville for a Wednesday 7 pm tipoff.
January 20, 2018 Turnovers crucial in NACC loss for Women's Basketball
January 16, 2018 Defensive second quarter leads Falcons past Raiders
January 15, 2018 Around the arc: Women's Basketball hosts MSOE on Tuesday
January 13, 2018 Falcons grind out NACC win over Muskies
January 12, 2018 Around the arc: Falcons look to hook Muskies in #NACCtion
January 10, 2018 A student-athlete in the truest sense
January 10, 2018 Offense stalls in Women’s Basketball loss at Benedictine
January 6, 2018 Women's Basketball soars past the Inferno
January 4, 2018 Around the arc: Falcons hosts Inferno in NACC matchup Saturday
January 2, 2018 Warriors take control in second half against Falcons
January 1, 2018 Around the arc: Falcons begin 2018 against Warriors
December 30, 2017 Scharmer grabs 18 rebounds, Falcons put game away in 2nd quarter
December 27, 2017 Wagner captures NACC Player of the Week honors
December 20, 2017 Falcons hold on for seventh straight win at Las Vegas Hoopla
December 19, 2017 Scharmer tabbed as NACC Player of the Week
December 19, 2017 Wagner's career high leads Women's Basketball to Vegas Hoopla win
December 16, 2017 Women’s Basketball controls NACC matchup at Rockford
December 12, 2017 Barker named NACC Player of the Week
December 9, 2017 Women's Basketball dominates paint in victory over Dominican
December 7, 2017 Around the arc: Falcons look to dim Stars in NACC contest
December 5, 2017 Scharmer nets NACC Player of the Week honors
December 5, 2017 Falcons overwhelm Sabres
December 2, 2017 Scharmer records another double-double in win against Edgewood
November 30, 2017 Around the arc: Falcons ready to gain NACC momentum
November 29, 2017 Women’s Basketball earns victory at the free throw line
November 28, 2017 Wagner tabbed NACC Player of the Week
November 27, 2017 Third quarter separates No. 20 UW-Whitewater from Falcons
November 25, 2017 Falcons pull away late for NACC win at Lakeland
November 21, 2017 Wagner nets career-high 26, Hope pulls away late over Falcons
November 20, 2017 Around the arc: Falcons host No. 13 Hope to begin season
November 16, 2017 Women's Basketball season preview: Falcons have high expectations
October 24, 2017 Women’s Basketball picked to defend NACC title
June 21, 2017 Women's Basketball adds Tatum to coaching staff