FOND dU LAC, Wis. – Nina Puch continued her strong play to begin her senior with another tournament victory on Sunday afternoon, while Concordia University Wisconsin took third place at the Marian University Invitational.
Course: Whispering Springs Golf Course (Saturday), Rolling Meadows Golf Course (Sunday)
CUW Finish: 3rd/6 (391-375 = 766)
Falcon Individual Results: Nina Puch 82-86 (168), Lexi Westphal 102-95 (197), Haley Olkiewicz 103-97 (200), Megan Reddersdorf 104-97 (201), Amanda Gorshe 118-112 (230), Nicole Williams 111-101 (212), Jessica Wengel 109-107 (216), Amanda Kuenzl 129-135 (264)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons were in third place after the opening 18 holes of play and finished in third after the 36-hole tournament was completed. They shot a 391-375 (766) team total.
- CUW was 58 shots off eventual tournament champion and defending Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference champion Aurora who shot a 364-344 (708) team total.
- Senior Nina Puch (Des Plaines, Ill.) continued her early season dominance with an 82-86 (168) total. She won the tournament by four strokes over Aurora's Lauren Anderson.
- Senior Lexi Westphal (Brownsville, Ill.) golfed in her first event of the season and finished in a tie for 16th after shooting a 102-95 (197).
- Sophomore Haley Olkiewicz (Oshkosh, Wis.) had her second-straight top-20 finish with a tie for 19th following a 103-97 (200). She was the only underclassmen on the team roster for the event.
- Junior Megan Reddersdorf (Marengo, Ill.) took 22nd place after shooting a 104-97 (201), while junior Amanda Gorshe (Appleton, Wis.) rounded out the team lineup with a 118-112 (230) for a 36th place finish.
- Freshman Nicole Williams (Appleton, Wis.) competed in her first career event as an individual and shot a 111-102 (212) to tie for 29th.
- Freshman Jessica Wengel (Fredonia, Wis.) carded a 109-107 (216) to finish in 36th and freshman Amanda Kuenzl (Bark River, Mich.) had a 129-2135 (264), which was good for 37th. Both golfers competed as individuals.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- It was the 17th event of Puch's career that she won and the second-straight of the season.
- The Falcons 375 team score on Sunday was the fourth lowest of the tournament.
- CUW has golfed 54 holes in the first four days of the season.
- The Falcons return to action on Wednesday at the Elmhurst College Fall Invitational at Oak Brook Golf Club in Oak Brook, Ill.