DELAVIN, Wis. – Nina Puch shot a career low round on the first day of the UW-Whitewater Fall Invite, but as a team the Falcons placed 17th out of the 19 teams in attendance at Delbrook Golf Course.
Course: Delbrook Golf Coure (Par 73 – 5,805 yards)
CUW Finish: 17th/19 (381-390 = 771)
Falcon Individual Results: Nina Puch 71-80 (151), Haley Olkiewicz 92-98 (190), Jessica Wengel 103-100 (203), Amanda Gorshe 115-112 (227)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Senior Nina Puch (Des Plaines, Ill.) had a first round she will never forget, shooting a career best 71 (2-under par). In her outstanding first day, Puch sank her first career eagle putt on par-5 10th hole and also had four birdies on the day as well.
- Individually, Puch finished second overall for the Invite finishing only four strokes behind the winner, Krystal Garritson from the University of Illinois-St. Francis. There were 97 golfers in the tournament.
- Sophomore Haley Olkiewicz (Oshkosh, Wis.) finished tied for 64th place shooting 190 (92-98). Her first round 92 was the second best score of her career.
- Freshman Jessica Wengel (Fredonia, Wis.) shot the best two rounds of her freshman campaign shooting a 103 on the first day and then shooting a 100 on the second day.
- Junior Amanda Gorshe (Appleton, Wis.) rounded out the Falcons lineup with a 227 total (115-112).
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- The Falcons 381 team score on Friday was the fourth best team score of the season.
- Nina Puch fired a 93 (43-50) the last time she played at the UW-Whitewater Fall Invite during her freshman season in 2012. During the 18-hole event she finished in a tie for 24th.
- Carthage College won the tournament with a 638 (315-323) team score, which was six strokes better than St. Francis. The Lady Reds also had three players finish in the top eight.
- The Falcons travel to Blackberry Oaks Golf Course in Bristol, Ill., for the Aurora Invite on Tuesday.
June 29, 2016 Golf programs raise $5,300 during marathon event
April 11, 2016 Women's Golf competes at Aurora Invitational
October 5, 2015 Puch ends season with NACC weekly award
October 4, 2015 Puch, Women's Golf finish second at NACC Championship
October 3, 2015 Falcons gain on Aurora at NACC Championship
October 2, 2015 Women's Golf tied for second at NACC Championship
September 29, 2015 Puch earns NACC Golfer of the Week honors
September 29, 2015 Puch wins medalist honors at Aurora Fall Invitational
September 26, 2015 Puch shoots career low round in 2nd place finish at UW-Whitewater Invite
September 20, 2015 Puch shares medalist honors, Falcons finish second at Alverno Triangular
September 16, 2015 Women's Golf competes at Elmhurst Invitational
September 15, 2015 Puch named NACC Women's Golfer of the Week
September 13, 2015 Puch wins again, Women's Golf places third at Marian Invitational
September 10, 2015 Puch wins medalist honors, Women's Golf wins Edgewood Triangular
August 26, 2015 Averkamp steps down to pursue other opportunities