BRISTOL, Ill. – Nina Puch continued the best golf of her career on Tuesday by winning medalist honors at the Aurora University Fall Invitational at Blackberry Oaks Golf Course. As well, Concordia University Wisconsin finished in seventh as a team.
Course: Blackberry Oaks Golf Course (par 72, 6,003 yards)
CUW Finish: 7th/10 (386)
Falcon Individual Results: Nina Puch 80, Haley Olkiewicz 94, Jessica Wengel 106, Nicole Williams 106, Kayla Haen 113, Amanda Kuenzl 126
Tournament: Aurora University Fall Invitational
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Senior Nina Puch (Des Plaines, Ill.) won her fourth event of the season after shooting an 8-over par 80. She won medalist honors by three strokes over Kaylee Ross (Clarke).
- The Falcons faced a difficult field and finished with a 386 team score, which was good for a seventh place finish.
- Sophomore Haley Olkiewicz (Oshkosh, Wis.) fired a 94 to tie for 22nd place, while freshman Jessica Wengel (Fredonia, Wis.) had a 106 to finish in a tie for 36th.
- Freshman Nicole Williams (Stevens Point, Wis.) also had a 106 and freshman Kayla Haen (Appleton, Wis.) shot a 113 to tie for 49th.
- Freshman Amanda Kuenzl (Bark River, Mich.) competed as a Falcon individual and shot a 126 to finish in 57th place.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Puch won her fourth event of the season and is averaging 77.0 strokes over her last three rounds.
- The tournament was the final tune-up for the Falcons before they compete in the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Championship.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- CUW looks to win the three-day, 54-hole NACC Championship which begins on Friday at Bristol Oaks Golf Club in Bristol, Wis. Last season the Falcons finished in second place by two strokes.