BRISTOL, Wis. – Concordia University Wisconsin picked up two strokes on Aurora during the second round of the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Championship at Bristol Oaks Golf Club on Saturday. The Falcons' Nina Puch also moved up the leaderboard with an 84 and is two strokes shy of first place.
Course: Bristol Oaks Golf Club (par 72, 5,836 yards)
Team Leaderboard: 2nd/8 (376-369 = 745)
Falcon Individual Results: Nina Puch 88-84, Megan Reddersdorf 99-93, Kayla Haen 92-101, Haley Olkiewicz 98-95, Lexi Westphal 98-97
Tournament: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Championship
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons were two shots better in the second round than the first 18 holes of play, resulting in them gaining two strokes on NACC Championship leader Aurora. They now enter the final round on Sunday just four strokes off the lead.
- Senior Nina Puch (Des Plaines, Ill.) moved up a spot on the leaderboard into sole possession of second place after carding an 84. She has a 36-hole total of 172 (88-84) and trails individual leader Ellyn Mortell (Wisconsin Lutheran) by two strokes.
- Junior Megan Reddersdorf (Marengo, Ill.) climbed five spots on the leaderboard after improving six strokes with a 93. She now has a two-day total of 192 (99-93).
- Freshman Kayla Haen (Appleton, Wis.) and sophomore Haley Olkiewicz (Oshkosh, Wis.) are tied for 12th place after 36 holes of play. Haen shot a 101 for a 193 total (92-101), while Olkiewicz had a 95 for a 193 total (98-95).
- Senior Lexi Westphal (Brownsville, Wis.) improved a stroke and finds herself in 16th on the leaderboard after shooting a 97. She has a 36 total of 195 (98-97).
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- The Falcons 369 total in the second round was the lowest of any team thus far in the NACC Championship.
- Puch's 84 during the second round was the lowest of the tournament, second to Mortell who had an 82 on Saturday. She drained a pair of birdie putts and six pars on Saturday, and signed for a 41 on the front nine.
- Puch leads the NACC Championship with three birdies.
- Reddersdorf had three pars on the back nine Saturday for a 45 – her lowest nine of the tournament thus far.
- Haen made three par putts during the second round after making three pars and a birdie on Friday.
- Olkiewicz matched her front nine score of 45 from Friday's round after making two pars, to go along with two pars on the back nine.
- Westphal sunk a par on the par-3 eighth hole for a front nine 48 on Saturday.
- CUW has combined for 29 pars and four birdies.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- CUW finishes the NACC Championship on Sunday and are scheduled to tee off at 10:40 am.